• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PHOTOS: Mtn Lite tows the ski-doo 1000 highmark

LOL.Is he pushing the sled up the while your towing it n the one pic?
It's his choice to wear a helmot or not just let it be. :ORC

pro116 said:
LOL.Is he pushing the sled up the while your towing it n the one pic?
It's his choice to wear a helmot or not just let it be. :ORC

from a stop we would push the tow'd sled a little bit to help get it going, once it was going we average 30mph down trail. had my buddy stay on the sled cause we needed to brake and also there are a couple of spots on the trail that are no wider then a single track sled trail so we did not want to beater and crash either sled. slow and steezy

Yellowknife said:
Those highmarks are PIGS too!!

Phaser mtn. lite - 514 lbs, 80 HP

Summit 1000 HM 151 - 544 lbs, 175 HP

Summit 800R 151 - 473 lbs, 151 HP

The 175 HP HM only outweighs the 80 HP phaser by 30 lbs. The 150+ HP 800R 151 is actually 41 lbs LIGHTER than the phaser. Granted both these Doos are finicky 2 strokes that can't touch the reliability or durability of a Yammie thumper , but neither one qualify as a pig.

Indeed! 544 it is.

I call the Mach Z 1000 a pig, from riding experience with it, and the Renegade 1000 as well...they are heavey and do not maneuver well, nothing compared to my 800 Gade. The Mountain Lite does not feel 514 that's for sure...whereas the Gade 1000 definitely shows its weight in handling. That's my experience behind the bars anyway.

bdm said:
HP means nothing in a thread about towing, 544 lbs with zero HP is a "pig" :)

All machines break. I test rode an Apex last year that fried a starter and had to be taken back to the dealer in the back of a pickup. Did that make it a pig? It weighed about as much as a HM 1000 with 20 less ponies so I guess it is an even bigger one right?

:ORC

its fun to bust your friends chops about towing him out but the last thing he wants to hear is his sled is junk because it broke down, they all break at some point just be prepared to take the heat when its you being towed. although i can say i have towed skidoo a few times but never been towed since moving to yamaha in 2002. matter of fact they only time i've been towed was when i owned the skidoo back in the 90's

Phaser mtn. lite - 514 lbs, 80 HP

Summit 1000 HM 151 - 544 lbs, 175 HP

Summit 800R 151 - 473 lbs, 151 HP

473 lbs? Perhaps the dry weight is 473lbs. Check out Maximum sled weight report...It does not list the 800R, but you stated that it was 473 lb, while the Blizzard is 476lbs dry.

They did it with wet weights...The Blizzard 800 is 576.5 lbs wet...Gas and oil is most of the additional weight, but it states that if you add electric start, it is an additional 23 lbs.

RX-E :Rockon:

summit

rk eskimo the 800r mtn sled is way different than the blizzar.They dropped 15 lbs since last year.There is alot more lightweight stuff on the mtn sleds vs the short tracks.

Yeah, but it still sucks since it is BRP...lol...We don't get the quirky models up here since they are more fragile and prone to breakdowns...The wet weight would still be over 560lbs...

RX-E

errol said:
The best way I found to tow a Broken Repaired Product (BRP) :tg: with ease on a long distance is to reverse the skis and attache the back of the broken sled on top of the back of the towing sled! Much much easier to tow! Been there done that!

Good advice. When my friends 1000 HM blew the chaincase and when trying to put it on the tunnel of my sled, it sagged it so much my track hit the extension and i had to get a new extension. Never doing that again.

Back