• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pick up my brand New Attak Wed., break in method survey?

rxwhopper said:
tal, tell us about the fst experiance. like to here some other starys

well, I'm sick to the stomach to mention it, but....it was the WORST customer experience, and the most expensive EVER. I'm talking 80% Polaris, 20% dealer failures. Since I wanted a 4-stroke, my poo dealer had nothing else to offer.

Less than 180 miles, 6 times in the shop, everytime I rode it, it went back to the shop. I've not had the sled I bought 12 months ago. It's got 183 miles on it in a year!!

But you know, it's my fault..........because I wasn't aware that it was 50-50 toss up to get one that actually functioned. :drink: :drink: :drink:

I rode Polaris for the last 10 years.

I've been riding Yamaha for 31 years, just not snowmobiles - only ATVs and dirt bikes. That changes in about 48 hours.

Check out the class action lawsuit thread at Polarisfiles: http://www.polarisfiles.com/forum/index ... topic=1088

I have a good friend who is an engineer for polaris ATV's in Bagley Minnesota. I'm going to have to call him and ask him what's up with Polaris. Not sure he will tell me anything but he might.

Joe

I break-in every engine like motoman suggests. I had my own similar version for break-in but it was not as extensive as motomans. Since I read his break-in secrets I've broke-in about 10 engines using his method without any issues what so ever. Auto, bike, boat or sled it doesn’t matter; they always perform great and don't burn any oil. If you do a search you will find only positive posts from those that used motomans procedure and not one post regarding a issue or problem from anyone using his method.[/quote]

Due to embarrasment and a fear of hearing "I told you so", I doubt anyone on here would admit to having a problem after breaking in using the what's his face method.

jf

Ok, so I just now picked up my NEW 07 Attak & got it home tonight, in the garage to check out. :Rockon:

I can't wait to ride it!

All I've done to the engine is warm it up twice. I asked the dealer to not ride it and he said he had to warm it up at least, so the engine is pristine.

I'm wondering all you motoman guys - did you go as far as draining the semi-synthetic oil that comes in it from the factory before break in? What petroleum based oil did you replace it with?

I actually could have the opportunity to do so tomorrow, then motoman break in Saturday, oil change Sat. night, and then a long ride on Sunday.

what do you guys think? Would it make a big difference?

:-o

Back