• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picking my RS Venture Track-Any Hints?

Glock30

Extreme
I will be adding 120 or so picks to my RS Venture track along with the Yamaha tunnel protectors. I realize that I will have to pull the skid to do this.
Does anyone who may have already done this have any tips that I should know?
Should there be anything else that I should do while the skid is out?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Glock 30,must be the warm weather is keeping the replies down. I'll tell you what little I know. I had my dealer install tunnel protectors.They told me they were able to just drop rear of skid,grind a little off the very front of the protectors(not compromising the heat ex protection)and twist and slide them into place.They also put studs in,butthe excessive track noise prompted me to move ones out of line of hard wheels.That helped cut some vibration but the howling is still there as you prob are aware of.I do have extra ice build up on the tunnel protectors,but the extra traction is nice.Good luck with the project and maybe someone will give some more tech help!

Picks

I had the dealer put the tunnel protectors on my Venture just in case I decided later to stud the track. I am glad I had him do it. He tells me it was a bear and did not know why they did not come from the factory already installed. I did not stud the track as it grabs very well so far and I did not feel it was necessary. I can not give you tech help, just my experience with the whole deal.

:4STroke: :yam:

Back