• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PLEASE HELP: Attak GT 2200 miles and bad exhaust donuts?

Ya, there is likely a local dude that does spark plug hole repairs in the Ford 5.4 engines (common enough that we have a 'plug doctor' in our area), he would be a more trustworthy thread repair guy if he can help.

Jeff at Minocqua Yamaha got the spark plug threads out and everything is good. He put a new plug in and it runs great. Battery was 4 years old so I had him replace it as well. Thanks for everyone's input and help! We can ride tomorrow and that is awesome.

Time is good in some cases but dealer "Time" did a number on my sled and luckily it all worked out. I can assure you that I will have a long conversation with them when I get back to follow up with my phone call to the service manager today. I will put the Hammer down.

I have heard good things about Twin Lakes Yamaha on the WI/IL border and might try them for future local work. Anyone used them and have any feedback?

Mark

Do you mean the porcelain was broken out and the steel portion was still in the head? That would make a little more sense.....

Glad it worked out...............so you don't have to hammer them. Ya,I was thinking that they stripped the threads in the head. This was not near as bad

Crewchief47 said:
Ya, there is likely a local dude that does spark plug hole repairs in the Ford 5.4 engines (common enough that we have a 'plug doctor' in our area), he would be a more trustworthy thread repair guy if he can help.

Yup ford made their own plugs from 04-07 and man what a headache, 3 piec plug that seized in the block Ford made a specific tool to fix all the plugs that were breaking off in shops, at home etc. What a headache

sleddog66 said:
Glad it worked out...............so you don't have to hammer them. Ya,I was thinking that they stripped the threads in the head. This was not near as bad

That's the impression I was under too.

Luvmywarrior.... you made it sound as though some ding-dong at Hammertime stripped the head. It sounds as though the plug might have been defective OR if we still wanna blame the monkey who worked on you're sled, for arguments sake I'll say that said monkey dropped the plug on the concrete, cracking it, and then used it anyway. Just a theory...

Glad to hear you & your wife are back on happy trails. ;)! Now, my wife & I are off for what could be our last ride of the season. 35-40*+ starting tomorrow & all week. Mother Nature is a filthy cheap whore..... c^nt!!

Back