• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Please help me fix my Apex.Code 42&84

2006ApexGT

I could use a little help, I have an '06 apex gt. Went for a short ride yesterday and the check engine light started flashing (code 42 and 84). It's running like crap and the spedo is not working. A friend of mine just put an ice ripper track on this sled for me before i took it out. When i rode it around the house everything worked fine, got about 10 miles from home and then the light came on. Did my friend mess up my sled? Where should i begin to fix this problem? Any suggestion's would be appreciated, I'm lost. :o|

Code 42 is the speed sensor. The code 84 is the TORS. The 84 is related to the 42. Meaning check the speed sensor under the clutch. When the speed sensor is not working , the sled kicks in the 84 TORS to keep you from running it like that. I would imagine Yamaha does that to keep someone from unhooking the sensor to put 0 miles on the sled. Fix the speed sensor Code 42 and the Code 84 will fix itself. Guys on here have lost the expensive speed sensor when the bearing went. I tried to move the sensor back a bit from the gear so that it would be spared if the bearing went. It was too far away and the sensor did not pick up the gear and the Code 84 popped up. Put the sensor position back to stock and the Code 42 and 84 went away.

funny u ask, my buddy unhooked his speed cable and them are the codes that came up,42 and 84......your speedo cable is unhooked..its under your secondary clutch...

Thanks guys, the apex is fixed. The sensor pick up on the end of the shaft fell off, dug aroung in the belly pan and there it was. Put it baack on with a little thread locker and life is good again. Thanks for the info you guys rock! :Rockon:

This is what makes this site GREAT, :Rockon:

now hundreds of us can read this and have a quick fix in mind.

THanks guys for helping him and all of us out

Yamadoo

Back