• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

power valves

Grumpy Santa

hello happy trails I have one question. I have a 2000 srx, power valves have to be cleaned every week I use motul syn. oil but the valves get very stickey,I have broken valves and cables, expensive! others have told me to use reguler oil and i will have no problem. valves are adjusted. and i am having a machine shop make me some new valves of better quality aluminum, stock ones cheap! help. tks.

I use yamalube in my srx my valves only need cleaned every season never had one broken no cables broken...yet i hope it never happens this is just what ive been running in my 01 srx with no problems

In 8000 miles on my SRX I broke 2 cables and one valve always used Yamalube and cleaned them before winter came and once during the year.From what I have heard the valves just wear out in time.Depends on how much you ride.Can't wait to ride my Warrior.Mike

One thing to have your Yamaha dealer check for is the oil pump cable adjustment. If the cable adjustment is not correct, then it can be pumping too much injector oil which will prematurely gum up the power valves. Depending on how much you ride, they should only have to be cleaned once a season. They do go through a self clean every time you start the sled. Your owners or service manual will explain how to check the oil pump cable adjustment. Hope this helps. Cat was notorious for this back in the early to mid 90's using too much oil.

Back