• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pre season maintenance 2011 xtx

maim

Staff member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 apex xtx
2011 apex xtx
2009 phaser rtx/x
1997 et410t/r
1988 vk 540
well, started doing the pre season on my old 2011 apex xtx with 16000 miles that care_bear rides.

Already done

Track replaced with 1-1/2” talon 144
Speedo bearing replaced (2 seasons was pushing it)
All idler wheels bearings repacked or replaced
DuPont’s installed
installed 2012 apex xtx skid with 09 nitro xtx springs with fresher shocks (thanks red beard) and scratchers
New chain case oil
Fresh oil change and filter
Replaced air box connector to throttle bodies
Cleaned battery terminals (while I was there)
Replaced head lamps (till I get new from rock)
Checked and set exup (damn thing was still good)
Replaced both lower panels as tree damage was starting to show
Removed rack till I can fix it/replace
Swapped on 2016 xtx seat
Repacked jack shaft bearing and cleaned secondary
Checked coolant
Checked and greased all spindle/a-arm bushings
Swapped on lower mileage/fresher front gytr shocks
Checked carbides - still good enough for awhile yet
Replaced sway bar bushings
Checked donuts

Still to do,

Grease rear skid with evil grease.
Install apex wind deflector kit (thanks viper_dave).
Rebuild/repair a primary from my spare pile as one on sled was showing cracks all the way up both clutch faces. Got 2 possibles in pile but one needs balance checked and other might need the shaft repaired where the cover bushing sits as it was sticking when it was replaced.

Got fair chunk done this weekend as this is sled 1 of 6 that I have to check for coming season not counting any friend/sibling sleds I might have to do as well before I dive into the get them running/rideable pile.

How’s everyone else pre season coming?

Woe, that some nice work there... Makes me realize what i need to do also.... so far i started both my apex and vector up and ran them until they were good and hot. then shut the trailer..
But i do have a list. Wife put a whole 250km on hers last year. so ill be swapping out the original plugs, syncing the injectors and some new sliders.

Apex is pretty good to go, will be doing the sliders, speedo bearing and freshning up the skid once i get off my wallet and order up the star suspension. gonna give that a try.

well got the deflectors and the greasing done last week. putting the clutch together tonight after some help from another site member. noticed a couple loose skid wheel mount that i need to fix and then it will be done until i figure out the rack.

The 2 seats are the same. The stock 11 seat had 16000 miles on it and had a pretty good butt dent. I got a wrp seat for my birthday and put it on the 11 seat pan for the 16, witch is the sled I ride most of the time. The 16 seat only has 1500 mi on it so the foam is still good.

Back