• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Procross Wins Agains!

Big Ugly

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
ZR 9000
Chaparral SSX (dirty bird)
Zach Herfindahl just won the I-500 race for his 4th consecutive win and the 5th time he has won it riding this old, heavy, rough riding and outdated chassis! Procross just keeps winning, hopefully the next generation catalyst continues tradition!

No surprise there at all. The ProCross is and always has been the one to beat. The Catalyst has some big shoes to fill, but I bet it will do just fine as its still a Cat suspension and design.

I’m glad to see you love and are a lover of CAT DNA Mike. Seems not long ago a hot topic for you and this sled is complete cat dna.
Things really changed there and congratulations on the new excitement with cat.
I raced cross country and it’s the rider. Not taking anything from the sled as it’s a great sled.
All the sleds are good
A rider like herfindahl would win on any sled he rides.

Its the only part of the Cat chassis DNA thats good, the driveline engineers still should have all been fired.....

The owners and aftermarket has to come to the rescue there to save the whole thing from failure. The love comes from getting it ALL correct after the fixes over the years, let's not mistake that Josh! The engineers still to this day have not fixed the driveline many years later! And it never should have been up to the aftermarket and us to fix their failures in the first place.

ONLY thru this website and the people on it were we able to diagnose and fix the issues that needed fixing on the ProCross! It left many people early on stranded on the side of the trail prior to the fixes.

I loved it early on
Just knew there were gremlins in it as any
Glad you fixed it. Lol
Mine ran good and so did all the cats before
I like cat poo and doo though
Just wish all of them combined could make something awesome

Last edited:
ONLY thru this website and the people on it were we able to diagnose and fix the issues that needed fixing on the ProCross! It left many people early on stranded on the side of the trail prior to the fixes.
Certainly true. It did NOT leave a good impression on me when I had to walk the last 1/2 mile home after buying my first ever Winder(2018).
But that Turbo power had me addicted.

I had great luck with z1s and procross sleds
The diamond drive was dumb to get rid of in my opinion. Stock clutches and a diamond drive on z1 was running 136 in 660 back in 2010. Then they brought a chaincase with junk gears.
Scott Taylor had that figured out very long before the 998 came and those gears rarely fail. Cat even had him up there to try to copy what he did. All past stuff and I’m rooting for the catalyst. I’m not color blind or bias and I have the perseverance to make what’s available work. The boost for example.
I have seen some fast skidoos now also.
The forum is for learning and learning isn’t being blind to what others offer. Cat guys knew the issues with the procross and Yamaha decided not to make a sled. New to you guys for the most part but Yamaha was junk then and it was all skidoo? Idk
My 998 ran great right away.
I have nothing bad to say about a 998.
I don’t know everything but I share the info I have.

Last edited:

Back