• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Proper method for repairing crack in bulkhead.

Nikolai

TY 4 Stroke God
I bought the bulkhead sides used and I think one got banged on pretty hard while beating the rivet out. It cracked the aluminum by the chaincase. I drilled both ends of the crack but I'm looking for ideas on the best permanent fix.

Leave it as is? Will it get worse with time?

Try and weld it? How will heat affect this?

Lay a couple coats of 3M structural epoxy over the crack? I can make a large aluminum plate to fit tight against the chaincase and cover the crack then epoxy and rivet it in place?

I'm open to any ideas you guys might have.

Thanks

IMG_3952.jpg

IMG_3954.jpg

I have some damages in the left pro rmk front clip.
Its in a place thats not seing much force so i drilled the end of the cracks. Cleaned it and did some grinding to get good adhesion. Glued with epoxi and mounted a aluminum sheet on both sides. No rivets.

I have some damages in the left pro rmk front clip.
Its in a place thats not seing much force so i drilled the end of the cracks. Cleaned it and did some grinding to get good adhesion. Glued with epoxi and mounted a aluminum sheet on both sides. No rivets.

Back