• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PZ power for my wife??

jminor1

Expert
I had a viper er for her and she loved it, then I bought her an F7 and she hated it.( Please refrain from the arctic cat bashing here and let me explain) The F7 simply requires too much rider input for her to enjoy whereas the viper you could more or less sit back and let it do the work. I love the firecat on the other hand because I am not afraid to move all around the seat when riding. My question on the phazer is will I be putting her in the same position or is it a "user friendly" sled. Also am I dreaming thinking I can find one for under $4000?? Thanks guys

My experience is there is a bit of a learning curve when you first get on the phazer. You do have to use quite a bit of "body language" on high speed trail runs in the corners. I have been so far off the seat that you feel like your on a "crotch rocket".

But on the other hand, except for a touring sled, I would think that many sleds are going to have similar "learning curves" these days with the rider forward positioning and higher center of gravity.

I have been told the standard phazer is a much more "plush" ride (than my FX) so maybe it handles the trails and corners differently, but I have never ridden one.

Trevor

MY MOM HAS A STANDARD PHAZER AND ABSOLUTLY LOVES THE THING SHE HAD A VECTOR AND DIDNT LIKE HOW IT HANDLED SHE TRIED THE PHAZER AND WONT RIDE ANYTHING ELSE!

I've been known to cross the border...I actually live in Niagara, but in Ontario you are right

PZ would be great for your wife, buy her either a standard or GT, they will ride a little plusher than the fx. The power is there as long as she is not a high speed rider..... on the long rr grades in the up when i have been on a PZ i would have liked more... but in the tight and twisties there isnt a sled i like better than the new phazer.

Price wise, I have seen a few go for around 5000 on ebay, i think your looking more in the 5500-6000 for a left over or slightly used one. But, there are deals out there.

my mom has been riding sleds all her life, shes 50 something lol. she got on my sled and thaught it was one of the most comfortable, easiest riding sleds she has ever been on. likes the narrow seat and bar position. the only downfall was the wind, she said it needed a larger windshield then the fx model came with.

Hey junior1

I got to ride the Phazer at the last sno-x race location in On. For me it reacted to what you gave it. It was my first rip on a 4/ and I got all kinds of warnings about engine braking etc.

Ok – so the first go around I drove somewhat like a gentleman and it reacted as such. He stayed flat on the turns, soaked up the bumps and ruts and the clutch worked well under load going up the hill. The seating was good the sled felt nice and light and the sound awesome. (Well until I drove the 150 HP monster – what a nice sound that has). :Rockon:

Ok, so we got that figured out and on subsequent laps we let her rip. Again, it all depended on how I wanted to ride it. Even flogging it, he was stable. It wasn’t long before we wanted more excitement form the 80HP. We let it do what it wanted and basically, the thing never came down on two skis at the same time for the rest of the ride.

If you have ever ridden a performance quad…you can ride fast and nice or you can ride fast and let it flop you around. The Phazer was like that. What I’m saying is – it reacted for me – to what I wanted it to do. I drive a 99 Phazer and it won’t do that.

The clutch, like all newer brands over revs on takeoff. This seems to be standard these days and becoming more pronounced even on aftermarket weights. This is good for consumers as it won’t shoot you off the back as easy. So it’s good that way. She may be sitting a little higher than the F7 – not sure.

I didn’t notice any engine braking on any model I drove. If it was there I must have adapted to it.

I’m from Niagara as well – BUT – finally - I think we are moving north next summer.

RJH I live in Fenwick. I have an 05 rx1 that I am selling because it is simply too much for her but I still believe a 4 stroke is the answer for her

Back