• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quebec Trails..

So Allain...is it worth it..my friend says no...but he just wants to go to mt Valin...lol.....but I need to kill some time ...only going to gaspie the 15..so got to ride till then..any info would be good..

I did 474kms(295miles) yesterday from St-Gabriel de Brandon to Mattawin via St-Zénon with the loop around the Taureau lake on the return.

trajet-2.jpg

The trail conditions vary from excellent to ruff depending where because they don't groom anymore, but there's still alot of snow... except aroud St- Michel village where we begin to see some earth spots.

Mt-Vallins and Gaspe will now offer better rides but are way farther so I'm happy with what I got here. I don't know what is the weather forecast for the next week but it can change fast... not sure what to expect for the next weekend???

I don't want to translate all the report I did in french but you can check it here: http://www.motoneigeauquebec.com/forum/ ... 26mars2011

If you need specific information, just ask...

Bye

Alain

In St-Gabriel, you can park at municipal parking near the main road (347 road) just past the village. You will see a restaurant called "La belle Province" on the right, you turn right on the little road just past the restaurant and the parking is indicated. From there, you can reach the trail that cross the main road just a little farther down the hill.

An other option is to start from St-Damien de Brandon at the Harnois gaz station on the 347 road. The trail pass in their parking. From there on snowmobile, you cross the road to the right from the gaz station and take the trail that go up north in the mountains...

Don't wait too long, warm temps on the forecast for the next days...

Alain :Rockon:

my friend just came back from the races over the weekend in mont valin,great turnout but apparently somebody was in a deadly crash,he was right there when it happened,you know anything about that

Looks like we should have gone last weekend :o| Nice pics alain still looks very nice lots of snow trails look like they are holding up!! Unfortunately our season is done! Hopefully youll get another ride or two Alain good luck :Rockon:

Alain,

Nice write up/ pictures, in that link. Looks like I will have to add Québec to my list of trips to take next season!

yamahas said:
Alain,

Nice write up/ pictures, in that link. Looks like I will have to add Québec to my list of trips to take next season![/quote
Yes you do it is absolutely beautiful riding up there!!!!

you didnt miss anything J-rock..went and rode there on sat...tons of water at the end of the day..lots of bare spots..the trail 345 from the reservour was muga bumpy..but no bare spots and lots of snow..it had been a month since it was groomed..local told me.yes it was way nicer last week..but as my friend said ..it was the end..and it would have been better to drive to quebec and ride Saint Raymound where they only stopped to groom on thursday this last week...end of the day when it was soft was ok..did 144 ks and it was a rodeo..cosmetic ride..like my buddy had said..they were done..ya they were covered but bumpy..when we got the rain there were ice rivers that formed on the trail..so the cats would sink in those spots..thats why the grooming stoped..I am not a trail rider.So when its bumpy I dont care..but my friend who is said the trails sucked..now its Mont Valin then gaspie.. ;)!

Hey quebec mountainrider if your flying through ottawa look for me hitch hiking and take me up there with you lol!!

Back