• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question for those who own a RS VENTURE GT

THKSNOW

Smooth Operator
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 RS Venture GT
After 9 seasons on my 2006 Attak, I'm looking at a low mileage 2012 RS VENTURE GT. 99% of my time is on trail riding 150-200 miles per day as well as overnight "saddlebag trips." Also, small amount of 2-up riding. I think I would like that moveable backrest but the big windshield will have to go.

How do you think I will feel after buying and riding the sled:

A) Really happy (won't be able to get the grin off my face)
B) Satisfied with the change
C) Having some second thoughts in hind sight
D) Regret my purchase and wish I had my Attak back

I have '06 Venture RS I bought to ride with the wife. She stopped riding this year. I'm looking for for an Apex now........... I will keep the Venture as a spare but I bet it won't get more than a few hundred miles on it per year.

wife runs a venture... she went from my warrior to it and loves it.

I ride it sometimes and have owned a warrior, apex, and now a vector ltx. The thing rides like a couch has good power, but it is tippy being such a long track with the rack etc. We have 6500k miles if that says anything to ya..

Adjust your suspension, and it won't be tippy at all.
Power steering won't work if it's real cold and you've been parked outside for the night.
You'll have to drive for an hour or so before the electronics warm up. Yamaha won't do anything to help.
Put SnoTrackers on it, with zero toe out, and it will go where you point the skis.
Okay on fuel, should have a bigger tank.
Yamaha tank bag for this model is useless.
Huge windshield is great.
13000 km on mine so far.
Passenger is irrelevant, as you won't know they are there.
Typical Yamaha exhaust donuts defect. Be prepared to change those.

Next sled will be the Arctic Cat touring model. Lots more creature comforts, with a Yamaha motor.

I have saddle bags and a trunk bag on the rack. Plenty of storage. My son calls it the mule. Agre with suspension adjust. Big improvement.

I've found that the Venture GT does NOT break trail well.:( It only does well where others have gone before you.:rofl:

why wouldn't it be OK breaking trails? I'd figure with the long track it should be decent. Too front heavy?

Thanks for all the replies! I ended up buying this Snow Sofa - 2013 RS Venture GT with only 1,300 miles. Previous owner installed upgraded front shocks, shorter windshield, softer rear springs, rear rack, dual carbide Tuner skis, track studded down the middle, and real nice Yamaha saddlebags. Excellent condition and an awesome price... I bought it for $9K. Now just have to get it lit up like my Attak was.

20150322_182323.jpg
20150322_182258.jpg
P1010746 x.JPG

Nice......I have a 2011 rs venture......8000km.......put the DuPont slides on at 8-900km......only other thing I did was grease it and put gas in it. Quite pleased with it.

Wow. Do those DuPont really last? I have not had great life out of mine. Where I ride a lot the lake seems to connect most. Trails so I am always on it to get anywhere. Usually hard pack wind blown minimal snow to pick up. Need to scratchers but interest in your slide life.

I use scratchers almost religiously....leaving my friend's place...we have about a 30km groomed road......so with speed and weight of the machine I put them down anyways. The duponts look like they were just installed, that's all i'll use from now on. Over 7000km on them. All original idler wheels and bearings, but i do repack them every season. Odometer rolled over 8000km Saturday.

for setup...I tighened limiter strap and took most tension off that shock....not near as tippy...world of difference. I'm told but haven't done it yet that 6" dual carbides also make a dramatic difference.

why wouldn't it be OK breaking trails? I'd figure with the long track it should be decent. Too front heavy?
I haven't had good results.:( Could be my technique, I suppose. If, when, you get it stuck, it'll darned near break your back lifting it out of the hole.:eek:

I'm talking about going into deep snow, with no packed down base. I've taken mine off the groomed trail before and done fine, but there was always someone else's tracks that had packed down trail underneath the fresh powder.

Back