• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

R-motion swap questions

trailhed1

Expert
Hello everyone,
I have read through all the R-motion swap threads for the Apex. I know zero about Ski Doo Suspension and have some questions. Hoping some here can school me a bit and help me decide what to ultimately put in my Apex.

I am looking to swap the singleshot 146 in my 18 Apex. I need to change the track so now is the time if I will do a swap. I have tried and tried to adjust this skid even with a Hy-Gear coil over in it. I like it, just do not love it. Its harsh and I just cannot get it where I want it. All groomed trail riding in Quebec. So 90% of the time is fine. But the times i find roughed up trail it just doesn’t handle the bumps like my 2013 Apex 144 ck with star suspension does. Not even in the same league.

So if I was to do a swap the R-motion is what I should be looking for?
Does the R-motion exist in a 146” or do I need to find a 137” and stretch it to say 144”?
I cannot see putting a 137” in and not stretching it.
What year and particular model should I be looking for as a donor?
Surely different models have different shock packages?
I have read where it may be necessary to put heavier springs. This is ok.

Any advice and especially info on the doo Suspensions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hello everyone,
I have read through all the R-motion swap threads for the Apex. I know zero about Ski Doo Suspension and have some questions. Hoping some here can school me a bit and help me decide what to ultimately put in my Apex.

I am looking to swap the singleshot 146 in my 18 Apex. I need to change the track so now is the time if I will do a swap. I have tried and tried to adjust this skid even with a Hy-Gear coil over in it. I like it, just do not love it. Its harsh and I just cannot get it where I want it. All groomed trail riding in Quebec. So 90% of the time is fine. But the times i find roughed up trail it just doesn’t handle the bumps like my 2013 Apex 144 ck with star suspension does. Not even in the same league.

So if I was to do a swap the R-motion is what I should be looking for?
Does the R-motion exist in a 146” or do I need to find a 137” and stretch it to say 144”?
I cannot see putting a 137” in and not stretching it.
What year and particular model should I be looking for as a donor?
Surely different models have different shock packages?
I have read where it may be necessary to put heavier springs. This is ok.

Any advice and especially info on the doo Suspensions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
I thought the new HyGear coil over shock was the answer to the problem. It does have both adjustments.

Back