• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rage instruments->Nytro?

Tobbe...

Extreme
Have anyone tryed to swap the digital instruments on the Nytro to the analog instrument from RS Rage? I would like to see the RPM in a more...accurate way so to speak-like it is now its more like:5250->5800->7600->9200(!). How can anyone see the RPM and ajust/know how the clutch is operating? :o|

So...my simple q: Is it bolt on, or is it totally different wireing?

Oh, btw-its for a RTX SE-not that i think that info is that important.
(My first Yamaha in 15 years!)

Dont think Apex guage will work since the Nytro engine is missing one cylinder...but I admit, that was my first choice until someone pointed out that "little" difference ;)!
Thats the reason I was talking about Rage, but-I will gladely mount the guage from a VK if that would work!

Impressing, I tought that "everything" was done to these sleds in the US, but I guess I was wrong :dunno:
I think i will go by the trial and error thing here-what could possibly go wrong? ;)!

Any ideas are still welcome since I will be at work offshore for another week in the middle of season #$%&* :o|

I would think one could make the gauge from the new Venture GT work, since it's a tuned down version of the Nytro engine? Same fuel-injection and everything... And you will get the Apex-look to boot! ;)!

Tobbe, I think you will have to be the guinea-pig for this mod!

That would be great, I also like to see the tach.
I`ve seen the nytro gauge mounted on the handlebar with the pazher mount, guess that helps.

Is it possible to rewire inside the nyto gauge so the tach can be with the big spedoo digits? I know there are many wery skilled guys here who know electronics.

RSV said:
I would think one could make the gauge from the new Venture GT work, since it's a tuned down version of the Nytro engine? Same fuel-injection and everything... And you will get the Apex-look to boot! ;)!

Tobbe, I think you will have to be the guinea-pig for this mod!

Oh, what an idea! My father got an RS Venture-problem is that Im pretty sure that hes not that interested in me "borrow" the guages in some experiments... But on the other hand-if he is leaving home I can allways sneek in the garage and just take a sneek peek :hide:
(Too bad he just retired from work, so hes just sitting in the kitchen, looking out the window and complaining that his got nothing to do...and if hes not-he is out riding the sled :o| )
Ill will sure find a way tough!

Thanks for the tip! (WHY dident I think of the Venture in the first place???)

snefokk said:

Dont go steal my idea now! :tg: ;)!
But OK, youre at least not in the same country, and you could say Im using some of your benefits since I work in Norway and live in Sweden...

How about a tach off of a street bike? I'm not into street bikes that much, so I'm not sure which model would work. Would need to read to 10,000 rpm though.
One from a Yamaha bike would be nice since it most likely would say "Yamaha" on it for an OEM look.
Most engines including the Nytro are coil on plug. So "I think" they use only one cylinder for an rpm signal. If that is the case it wouldn't matter how many cylinders there are.
Sure would make it easier to read, when clutch tuning!

The sportbike tach is a good idea because they would be easier to find. But they would be missing the hand and thumb warmer display, also the fuel guage on some models.

You'll need a tach from a 3 cylinder.... Triple engines are not exactly comon, but they do exist. Yamaha produced a motorcycle in 70's/80's with a triple, it was the xs series, 750cc I think. The tach is probably cable driven though??? Triumph did, and does today. The easiest swap would probably be a Vector or Rage unit...

Back