• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear shock install

YammieMan

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2003 Yamaha RX1
Okay so I decided to put the factory exhaust back on and in order to get at my exhaust in the tunnel and to access the gaskets I had to drop the track. Little did I know how hard it would be to align everything. I thought it would be easier if I just took out the rear shock , so I did that and now I'm struggling to put that shock back in. This skid is installed and I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to take out the skid to install that shock. Does anybody have any advice to for me

take off the 2 rods that run below/beside the shock and install it. then take a ratchet strap and pull beside the shock until the rod bolts line back up. bit of a pita but it can be done.

take off the 2 rods that run below/beside the shock and install it. then take a ratchet strap and pull beside the shock until the rod bolts line back up. bit of a pita but it can be done.
Perfect! I just tried that ... and it worked! Thanks for your help!!!!

Back