• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear wheel knuckle has excessive play

Rhino709

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Rhino 700 camo
Hello all, I recently purchased a 2009 Rhino 700 camo. I noticed I had excessive play in my rear wheels when lifted off the ground on jack. I assumed it was wheel bearings, so I replaced them. However, during reistallation of the wheel knuckle and hub assemblies I noticed that I still had the same amount of play. It is then that I noticed the play was coming from the steering knuckle mounting bolt area.

So I started looking at the online parts diagrams and I saw something called a thrust cover that the mounting bolts go through. I did not notice these during the removal and reassembly so I no not know if I have them or am I missing them.

Can someone please explain where they go and what exactly they do? I believe I am missing these on both rear knuckles but not having seen them, I can not be sure. Does anyone have a picture of them?

Last edited:

Agree with APC.
I believe there are grease fittings on these and try to grease them often.

check the bushings 1st as advised.

Back