• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

redline G3 fuel controller turbo nytro

mattymac

Extreme
Is anybody running one of these fuel controllers on a turbo nytro? I have one and I really like the simplicity of the box and its capabilities but was given a base map and it was a mile off. I got the sled to run and get on boost but trying to get the fine details of the map is proving to be challenging for a guy like me without any sort of real data logging capability in the box. It will do real time data with the laptop plugged in but trying to ride, holding/looking at my laptop, read the AFR and Boost gauge is proving to be a little tough. The box is only running a set of 550cc aux injectors in the intercooler with a 2871.

I have a M400 motec on my apex and with the data logging capabilities it really helps when it comes to tuning.

Once again, I really like the redline and its simplicity and have no doubt that it will work awesome when the fuel map is programmed better, just wondering if theres anyone else out there that messed with these on their turbo 4S sleds.

update on the box and the tuning. For as far off as the base map was for me, it didnt take long to get it rideable and making full power runs. It wasnt rideable the way it was originally with the base map, super lean all the way through. Ended up adding 140% across the entire fuel map (10 and 20% at a time) then started to pull fuel. Its very simple to adjust and the box is doing exactly what it should. Im happy with how its running now. I have maybe a total of a couple hours into the tuning on it with just a little bit left to iron out. Just a small lean spot at high rpm no/low boost and rich on high boost (mid 10's on the afr but happy its on the safe side).

The G3 works on the same principal as the boost it setup which so many people have had good luck with including myself (controlling aux injectors on boost only while the stock fuel system does what its designed to do), its just in a smaller package as far as the box and wiring itself. The downside is the whole laptop thing but Im confident that once setup it shouldnt have to be messed with.

update on the box and the tuning. For as far off as the base map was for me, it didnt take long to get it rideable and making full power runs. It wasnt rideable the way it was originally with the base map, super lean all the way through. Ended up adding 140% across the entire fuel map (10 and 20% at a time) then started to pull fuel. Its very simple to adjust and the box is doing exactly what it should. Im happy with how its running now. I have maybe a total of a couple hours into the tuning on it with just a little bit left to iron out. Just a small lean spot at high rpm no/low boost and rich on high boost (mid 10's on the afr but happy its on the safe side).

The G3 works on the same principal as the boost it setup which so many people have had good luck with including myself (controlling aux injectors on boost only while the stock fuel system does what its designed to do), its just in a smaller package as far as the box and wiring itself. The downside is the whole laptop thing but Im confident that once setup it shouldnt have to be messed with.
Thanks for sharing. Redline G3 setup will be my go to replacement fuel box when my MCX Gen 3 starts acting up. How did you like the Tuner Pro software?

Tuner pro is super easy to navigate! Im not an expert by any means but after many different changes in my map I got the sled totally rideable in no time. You can do percentage changes, or value changes to the fueling cells on the map... Or at least thats what I did and my sled came around really quick to the changes made.

I love the simplicity of the box! Its not overcomplicated as far as install, and the software has a bunch of compensators in it for temp, baro, etc. to play with also.

Back