• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

? regarding '08 front end geometry & Subframes

sledsearcher

Extreme
I am seriously considering buying a Nytro for the comming season - I would love to get an XTX, but from a financial stand point the '08 is a much better buy - and if I can "fix" it (mod it) - it might be worth my while.

What I am wondering is if anyone has developed or looked into developing subframe bracing - or is everyone just waiting to see what Yamaha does for you?

Same goes w/ the front end geometry issue -

Is the front end geometry and subframe "tweaking" issues mutually exclusive (seperate issues)? I understand that the geometry issue is a problem but do people feel that there is also ultimately an issue w/ subframe strength?

Is the 2.5mm "mod" the "FIX" for the geometry issue? Has anyone tried aftermarket A-arms (Timbersled?)

I bought a "first year" supposed problem child sled in my 2003 Firecat - and for the most part it has been ROCK SOLID, but I want to make sure I know what I am getting into (possibly) with a Nytro.

I was in the same boat up until today. just made the call to buy one. My dealer said he will help me out with possible issues in the future with the front end.

I think there are some good pics under the sticky

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=15

good luck! This is one of the best resources for info on help with sleds!

I would recommend talking with your dealer, but remember he may just tell you what you wanna hear.

I made the same choice and bought a nice used 08 cheap. I thought all of this smack was exaggeration but its not---believe me! I got a sweet sled for A LOT less than new, so if you can get a new one for under 8 I would say consider it, but carefully

THis is the only pic I have down loaded.

SSA53344.jpg

But with a 1'x3/16 stap you can tie the top a-arm bolts (one on each side) together. some electronics will have to be relocated but it's simple!

Then with a flat plate you can tie the lower a-arms mounting holes together.
These along with spindles lower and upper a-arm themselves being reinforced the FX Nytro cantake all but a direct hit... and it actually takes those quite well also.
Follow the making of an IronDog sled and you see what it'll take to bullet proof the front end of these FX Nytros.

Follow this thread: (it's a sticky 2008 IronDog sleds on top of the FX Nytro General page)
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

Back