• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Removing Airbox-need help

NytroRonnie

Veteran
I am attempting to put the hurricane box on-anyone have any helpful hints or steps to remove the top and bottom of airbox? As my previous post stated-I've already broken some of those plastic push rivets. PLEASE HELP! THANKS

Went to ULMER's site and got his instructions even though I am not doing the K and N. It seems difficult! Still would like helpful hints if you have any!

Pull the headlight bracket (4 push rivets) and it really helps to take the steering post off, but I got mine out with some struggle without taking it off. Not a lot of steps just some hassle. I took the rubber elbows right off the intake with it and just put them back on after.

DelgatyXTX said:
Pull the headlight bracket (4 push rivets) and it really helps to take the steering post off, but I got mine out with some struggle without taking it off. Not a lot of steps just some hassle. I took the rubber elbows right off the intake with it and just put them back on after.

Sucked when I did mine... even after moving the post. Putting it back was no picnic either, the bottom anyway.

Back