• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacing subframe 08 MTX, should I leave sway/tors bar off?

NytroTy

I have a new subframe on its way and have seen here that some have been removing sway/ torsion bar. Loosing the weight would be nice but what about the down side? i don't want to remove if it will cause handling problems. If you have removed yours let me know how it handled without it.
While this is torn down are there any other things to look at doing.
Thanks CabinTroll

Leave it on unless you plan to run aftermarket shocks. The stock ones won't work worth a hoot without it!

What MP said. They handle awesome without it, but you need to have good shocks. Stock shocks are too soft to run without the sway bar.

arent stock shocks rebuildable? wonder if I could have that done....spent enough on the other crap

They are rebuildable, and Yami also offers stiffer springs. But then your putting more money into an already mediocre shock.

I disconnected my sway bar, I have the OEM shocks but had Pioneer Perf. revalve them stiffer and replaced the springs with a stiffer rate. Works fine for me, only adjustment I needed so far after disc the sway was to give the springs another 5-rounds of tension.

Re: fox floats

Hillclimber said:
bonty 99 said:
whiout sway bar how many psi i have to put in the fox floats ??? thanks
I'm running 95psi no sway, no complaints.

I'm at ~75, notice the 'sway' or 'roll' a bit on the trail in the corners, specially down hill corners... I think I'll add another 10 lbs and see if that helps.
Its still a lot nicer w/o it. :)

Back