• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Revalving Stk MTX Front Shocks?

what on earth are you eneding that for? Scoot, you researching weird stuff again?

Just go get some Ti springs and or some floats and call'er good :)

got Nytro yet?

Scooter700 said:
Has anyone who has a MTX taken the front shocks off and removed the springs? What I need is the OD of the spring, length of spring and and thickness of the wire!!
Thanks ;)!
Stock springs are coded with a light blue mark...
meaning they should be 1.7kg or 95lb rate they are 10 5/16" freelenght

2.3kg spring= 128lb rate
2.7kg spring= 151lb rate

hope this helps!

dave, what is bruce recomending for springs up front? 2.3 or 2.7?

is this bruce from pioneer, or bruce from B-line control, you are talking about? ski

Bruce Schrader from Pioneer. He recommended the 2.3, shound be a more suttel on trail. If I were doing cornice drops, the 2.7 would be a better choice (JMO). Sounds like I'm the first at their shop with an MTX........ kinda of guessing game? Although I had Bruce revalve and respring me on other sleds in the past, he's always hit the mark pretty close for me, i tried Hy-Gear on a Gade and was not very satisfied with the results. Although they were great to deal with. (no-bashing intended)

Back