• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RMotion skid swap. Worth it!

Kurt J

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro
I touched on this in my Axys spindle post, but it’s worthy of its own topic.

The stock FX Nytro 121 skid sucks. I was tired of getting beaten to death on rough trails keeping up with newer sleds, so I swapped a 120” RMotion skidoo suspension into my 08 Nytro. I already had Skinz Concept front suspension, with Float 2 shocks and Axys pro RMK spindles, which worked really well. Now adding the skid has finally made this sled a great ride for smooth AND rough trails. It handles everything well. Totally worth it.
0882F282-E432-43C1-8929-AFBCFCA20F1B.jpeg

I touched on this in my Axys spindle post, but it’s worthy of its own topic.

The stock FX Nytro 121 skid sucks. I was tired of getting beaten to death on rough trails keeping up with newer sleds, so I swapped a 120” RMotion skidoo suspension into my 08 Nytro. I already had Skinz Concept front suspension, with Float 2 shocks and Axys pro RMK spindles, which worked really well. Now adding the skid has finally made this sled a great ride for smooth AND rough trails. It handles everything well. Totally worth it.
View attachment 166150
Very interesting. What modifications were required to install it?

I am also interested in what modifications were needed. I have a 08 rtx and it rides like crap. Rebuilt the shocks and skid as well. No pivot points binding. Have heard of guys doing this. Is it a bolt in and go or arw there other mods needed to be measured out?

The 120” rMotion skid is nearly a direct bolt in for 121” Fx Nytro sleds. Only the rear links on the skid need to be modified.

I just picked up a 120” skid. It is missing some parts so I’m doing an inventory and cleanup now. My understanding is that the rear links need to be ground down a little (about 1/8”) is that right?

Also the front links measured wider than the Nytros links by a little, but the nytro has spacers that probably abound for about 3/8”. Can you just cram it in without the spacers?

Is there a “sweet spot” of years for the RMotions that work beat for this swap?? Have a friend with an ‘08 FX Nytro that has the 121” interested in swapping.

Is there a “sweet spot” of years for the RMotions that work beat for this swap?? Have a friend with an ‘08 FX Nytro that has the 121” interested in swapping.
2014+ 120” trail sleds are the best place to look for donor skids. The race sleds are totally different, as well as some low end models that still had the SC5 skid.

2014+ 120” trail sleds are the best place to look for donor skids. The race sleds are totally different, as well as some low end models that still had the SC5 skid.
Thanks for the reply!! I will be on the lookout for those yrs.

Back