• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rode my attak 20 mi today

jbrede

I put 20 miles on today goning back and forth on my 1/8th mile grass drag strip with 1-2 inches of snow cover. I'm pleased with the riding position. Throttle response was excelent at 4-5&6 thousand rpm and up. I did notice a slight hesitation just under clutch engagement somtimes even a slight cough if you will when you are goning from a dead stop like in a drag race. I noticed the same thing at the demo rides at Hay Days and dismissed it to the warm temps but it's 14 f outside. I never had that ever on my RX-1. Don't know what to think anybody know what I'm talking about?

jbrede said:
Good way to break in my sled. I did 100mi on my RX-1 in one day the same way.
Yup me to,that is the best way imo so it felt better than our older rx1s did when they were new?? And yes i dont remember ever having any cough out of my rx1 and i raced it on grass right out of the box.

jbrede said:
I put 20 miles on today goning back and forth on my 1/8th mile grass drag strip with 1-2 inches of snow cover. I'm pleased with the riding position. Throttle response was excelent at 4-5&6 thousand rpm and up. I did notice a slight hesitation just under clutch engagement somtimes even a slight cough if you will when you are goning from a dead stop like in a drag race. I noticed the same thing at the demo rides at Hay Days and dismissed it to the warm temps but it's 14 f outside. I never had that ever on my RX-1. Don't know what to think anybody know what I'm talking about?
Ok now at 660 feet full throttle you ought to be able to tell us what was the max shift rpm,or what did it go to and hold it self until you shut it down was it 10,100 out of the gate and than after 200 feet or so go to 10,500 or did it have trouble making max rpms.

I took it pretty easy bouncing the rpms between 6&8 thousand accelerating and decelerating to seat the rings. I did hold it open a few times at the end of the 20 miles. It would go to 9000 and 9500 very quickly and then sit there until I ran out of room. Reminded me of my 03 RX-1 clutching, never made 10000.

jbrede said:
I took it pretty easy bouncing the rpms between 6&8 thousand accelerating and decelerating to seat the rings. I did hold it open a few times at the end of the 20 miles. It would go to 9000 and 9500 very quickly and then sit there until I ran out of room. Reminded me of my 03 RX-1 clutching, never made 10000.
The best way to seat the rings would have been ran it full throttle for full 660 feet let it cool some and repeat cause you are only holding it at max rpms in 660 ft. for about 7 secs max you could just go back and forth like this until you reached 20 miles than rings would be all seated real good,my buddy took his right out to the drag strip this fall and ran it heads up 660 pass to a time his ran right up to its max rpms 10,200 where he had it clutched to run,and it went awsome,now he did this right out of the box right after he set it up,he ran it for a warm up,than loaded it and off to the track he went,ran first pass of 102 mph @6.45 not bad ha..

Back