• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS Vector at high RPM!

ArcherRS

I currently have 200 miles on my 08 Vector LTX GT and have noticed that after riding and when in the idle phase it will do so between 2100-2300 rpm's for about a minute or longer then drop down to 1300-1500 rpm's. This also occurs even a quick jerk of the throttle even after the warm up AND before taking it for a run. In comparison to my brother's 08 Vector his drops down to 1500 rpm much more quickly under the same conditons. What gives? Your thoughts and valuable knowledge are greatly appreciated.

08 vector

I havnt had a chance to ride my 08 vector but after I picked it up from dealer I noticed it would idle higher and then drop down, I threw my carb sync gauges on it and my carb sync was out of adjustment adjusted all carbs equal and seems that idle drops alot quicker{sometimes a restricted or dirty jet can cause a lean problem also that will make them doe this also. (worked at a yamaha dealership for 23 years seenalot of different problems over the years}

I see you are from Thompson... do you guys know the northern skunk(username)

What are your impressions of your 08 vectors. Are they both ltx's?

Thanks for the assist rough rider, is this something that should be corrected straight away or can this be visited when the sled is serviced at 500 miles?

To answer your question snoway I do not know Northern Skunk personally but I am most certain our paths will cross sooner or later. This sled rocks!! I have had it on the rough trails to the soft powder and no complaints whatsoever. Other than the high rpm the only other issue I've had is a loose seat where it meets the gas tank. All in all this is one nice sled!!! :4STroke:

archerRS

Run a little seafoam through your sled.

glad to hear the sled rocks! Can't always believe the pre season reviews. Have you ridden the older vectors (DBI), if so, how do they compare?
Can't ride down here til dec. 15 weather permitting.

Sorry I saw this thread do late. Mine started doing that last year and has been worse this year since getting it out of storage. At first I put the idle up which made it even worse, then I actually lowered it and it seems fine. I saw it all along as a linkaget thing. I sprayed Silicone all over the shafts that go to all the carbs and their return springs. It ended up working just fine. I have been wanting to sync my carbs but I'm cheap about buying that $90 Menometer.

Back