• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RTX Idler Wheels with QS3 Shock

ksiesel

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper RTX-DX
I just installed a rear QS3 shock on my 129” RTX. Stock, there are 4 inside idler wheels, but the one on the right side will interfere with the QS3 reservoir so it appears as though most sleds that come with a stock QS3 in a 129” length turn both of those wheels to the outside of the rails.

I installed it by only moving one of them outside (right side) as shown in the pic. Is there any issue with running with one outside and the other inside as I have shown here?
8D251208-F382-405A-98C5-5474344904A2.jpeg

Symmetry would seem to be the way to go.
Why not just make both sides the same????

My RTX se came with the QS3 stock, I'll try to remember to look at it when I get home this weekend, see how it was done from factory

I have a 16 RTX SE with QS3's all around (even the center shock) and the boogie wheels are on the outside. My nephew put QS3r's on his 14 RTX SE last year and we had to move the boogies to the outside as well. The LTX sleds are different where the Rez can is below the shock body and the RTX Rez can is offset to the side forcing the boogie wheels to the outside.

Back