• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RTX windshield options

it's on the link in signature, page 5
i'll put it here too.
BA

Attachments

• RTX22sblkchrmshield.jpg
    RTX22sblkchrmshield.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 52

Thats a big help BA Apex - thanks. Well, the black/chrome doesn't look bad on the RTX - but I still think the stocker looks a lot better. I'm still gonna try the stocker first and see how bad it is.

vice108,
i feel the same way, I like the super low stock much better(on my RTX). I have never gotten too cold. I will only change to something bigger when i have a bad experience with the stocker.
BA

Hi, I like the SMA-8FT96-12-BK except the red chrome verision. Would you do this with paint or some sort of a decal. Anyone know where to get red chrome paint?

slednut said:
On the US Yamaha site they have a low blue chrome shield, it is not the same as the stocker as it has a higher centre with a lip..perhaps their new version of a mid height? I ordered one from Bob Weaver mtrsptrs, its in but have yet to pick it up. The site only shows a blue chrome but the dealer tells me they do offer a red chrome item#SMA-8FT96-10-RC

Just an FYI. I checked in with Kevin at Port Yamaha about that part number. Unfortunately it's the number for the super low windshield that already comes stock on the RTX. Back to square one I guess.

Hmmmm...

Had mine picked up for me today and should see it in the am, guess I'll be taking a trip back for a swap. Did they mention anything about a low red chrome being available? Just wondering why the dealer would sell me a stocker when they new I have an RTX ?

Like you said back to square one..

Best,
Scott

I hope your guy is correct Scott - but according to Port Yamaha The ONLY red chrome available is the one we already have. Please let us all know how it works out.

Thanks

Bill

here is the "regular" red-chrome low shield fora vector & RX1. wonder why they don't have a red/chrome a little taller than stock for the RTX.

Attachments

• rtxshield.jpg
    rtxshield.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 56
Bill,

Yep...your dealer was correct, the item # that I mentioned turns out to be the stocker..looks like I'll be drivin' down to exchange for something else. Weird why they would put the same item code with the suffix representing the color then for the stocker it's the same series of numbers but a different shape. The stocker looks prety damn awesome though..not sure just how I'll feel when its -30 though...

Best,
Scott

slednut said:
Bill,

Yep...your dealer was correct, the item # that I mentioned turns out to be the stocker..looks like I'll be drivin' down to exchange for something else. Weird why they would put the same item code with the suffix representing the color then for the stocker it's the same series of numbers but a different shape. The stocker looks prety damn awesome though..not sure just how I'll feel when its -30 though...

Best,
Scott

Sorry to hear that Scott. Looks like we will both be cold this winter - but at least we will look cool :Rockon:

Back