• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

running 1.45 studs

mattyg1405

Expert
so i only want to run 96 studs...

should i run the longer studs ? im using the 1.25 rip saw

i know it recomends the 1.325, but im wondering will the 1.45 or whatever the next step up is really put a beating on the track?

thanks for any input i want to order some studs up today....

i was thinking about running this pattern but i dont know...
http://www.studboytraction.com/studpatt ... o%20X.html

Longer is not better. You will put extra pressure on your track and the penetration will not be any better. I also see you have an Excell header, which is larger than the stock. I had problems with the recommended length hitting the header. I can only imagine the damage my header would have had if my studs were longer.

yox185 said:
Longer is not better. You will put extra pressure on your track and the penetration will not be any better. I also see you have an Excell header, which is larger than the stock. I had problems with the recommended length hitting the header. I can only imagine the damage my header would have had if my studs were longer.

I run the 1.325 and haven't had any issues, and alot of guys run 1.450 without issues aswell....but you have to run your track tight. If you are having issues with 1.325s hitting your header, something isn't right.

ptharty, you don't need to add anything, sled comes with tunnel/heat exchanger protectors.

No tunnel protector here with 1.450" studs on my xtx. You don't need it. There is plenty of room for 1.450" studs and 1.325" don't deliver the necessary traction you would get with 1.450". I went as far as swapping out my 1.325" for 1.450" and my holeshot significantly improved.

BADSLED said:
No tunnel protector here with 1.450" studs on my xtx. You don't need it. There is plenty of room for 1.450" studs and 1.325" don't deliver the necessary traction you would get with 1.450". I went as far as swapping out my 1.325" for 1.450" and my holeshot significantly improved.

so you say run even 96 at 1.45?

I ran (108) 1.450" Megabites with Studboy Poweplate aluminum backers no issues. Woody's aluminum backers don't hold up as well IMO. NO problems here and I weight 250lbs. If I were running a short track Nytro I would bump it to 144 for my traction needs...

BADSLED said:
I ran (108) 1.450" Megabites with Studboy Poweplate aluminum backers no issues. Woody's aluminum backers don't hold up as well IMO. NO problems here and I weight 250lbs. If I were running a short track Nytro I would bump it to 144 for my traction needs...

x2.. I ran 114 1.50" (1.450 equivliant) Fastrax studs and XL lite backers on my XTX. I had no issues and just kept my track at the recommended tension that says in the manuel. No issues there at all.

yox185 said:

Then you have something wrong or you are running your track extremly loose.. I ran the exact header (but Full Exhaust) and never put a mark on it.

studs

bottlerocket said:
96 is not enough to capitalize on the torque and response of a nytro.

I started w/ 144 - 1.325`s swapped them for 144 - 1.450, much better, trouble with not having enuf is that it puts more stress on what is there and the chances of ripping one out is increased .Just my 2cents (and I stud the outside also, 8200 miles and had 2 come out of the middle , edges all good ).also put a couple washers under the header bracket to give a little more clearance

SledFreak said:
yox185 said:

Then you have something wrong or you are running your track extremly loose.. I ran the exact header (but Full Exhaust) and never put a mark on it.

I do run my track loose. I got tired of replacing hyfax every 10 miles.

could anyone tell me if the 1.45 @ 96 studs will be too much pressure/ penetration on my trak and tear it up?

i was about to order them today and the guy told me that itll ruin my track to run the 1.325

i dont know what to do but i know i could only run 96 studs for now because my sled was tuned /clutched/geared/dynoed with no studs, im hoping the studs dont screw up my setup and im able to pull the weight i know for sure 144 will be too much to pull so 96 for now it is , i want to be able to hook up and actually ride, its really hard to ride the icy trails i do with no studs its actually dangerous at times.

so someone with experience please tell me if im asking for trouble with 96 studs @ 1.4 length in this patern:
http://www.studboytraction.com/studpatt ... o%20X.html

thanks guys i really appreciate the help

I personally dont think 96 studs is enough to harness the torque of the nytro thats why Im running 196 1.375 studboys with no problems at all.

Back