• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Running kinda hot?

Viper2004er

Veteran
I got my sled home today and i fired it up let it idle until the light went off slowly circled it around the yard twice and loaded it in the trailer. Once half way in the trailer I had it idling thinking it was fine bc there's a 15 minute break in period. Then I hear fan turn on and I check the temp gauge it was reading very high shut the sled off right away and haven't messed with it since is this something I should be concerned about ?
No dash warning lights came on of anything just Hurd the fan checked the temp and shut down

Yea that's what I figured I'm keeping it in the trailer untill I'm able to ride on trail and have open space to ride

Mine does same thing. Stop on a trail and it dont take long for temp to go from 175 to 190 then fan kicks in. Nothin to worry about I wouldnt think.

I did this twice with my viper when I brought it home. Get it up to temp and let the fan kick on the. Shut it off. Gets the engine nice and hot without putting any strain or a load on the engine. After that ride it hard and it will be well worth it. Once running mine stays right at about 162 degrees

Do you have a gauge installed. If not how do you know the temp because the display only shows a bar. Mine sits between 1/2 and 3/4 for the most part. Simply because of the lack of snow and not moving fast enough. Side note when I did my first 15 minute run and still a little now this thing stinks.. lol

Subura2006

Studroes144 said:
I did this twice with my viper when I brought it home. Get it up to temp and let the fan kick on the. Shut it off. Gets the engine nice and hot without putting any strain or a load on the engine. After that ride it hard and it will be well worth it. Once running mine stays right at about 162 degrees

I just checked the digital dash it was over 3/4 so I shut her down do you think I should let it idle for 15 mins like the book says for break in? Or just let it get to temp and ride it easy for the first 100 miles? I'm trying to post a pic of the sled it says file to too big :/

I didn't time how long I did mine. I just let it run until the fan kicked on. I didn't let it idle the whole time I was giving it throttle on occasion prolly every 30 seconds. After 2-3 times u are good to go. Just good procedure to get the engine hot without loading it too much

Its up to you I guess. Some people like to do a couple heat cycles, some dont. Mine got about 2 before I rode it just because I loved hearing it run. Lol. I would say you probably cant hurt these awesome motors if you ride it anywhere close to normal. Go enjoy it.

I like how that was worded..just ride it normal. Obviously not going out and holding it wide open for 2 miles. But if u baby it for the first 500 miles I'll guarantee it'll be the slowest viper on the trail.

Thanks Ill give that a shot.

subaru2006

edit: just did it.. i had to hold the lower left button down after it was on the coolant read out and it put degrees inside the bar. thanks again

Silkysmooth3popper said:
Push the bottom button again when on temp mode and it puts degrees in the bar for you.

subaru2006 said:
Thanks Ill give that a shot.

subaru2006

edit: just did it.. i had to hold the lower left button down after it was on the coolant read out and it put degrees inside the bar. thanks again

Silkysmooth3popper said:
Push the bottom button again when on temp mode and it puts degrees in the bar for you.

Sweet I'm going to do this , thanks !

Back