• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Running Track Backwards

adam718

Veteran
I was looking at a friend's Dragon and noticed that his track had the paddles scouping in the forward position. On my Apex Mnt. They are in the opposite angle. The paddle is facing like this. < Left being the drive direction. Does anyone have any opinions about this.

Also what I have seen from my experience great for climbing but the Apex is already a tank coming down hills you have to decide which you want more. Luv those highmarks!!

adam718 said:
I was looking at a friend's Dragon and noticed that his track had the paddles scouping in the forward position. On my Apex Mnt. They are in the opposite angle. The paddle is facing like this. < Left being the drive direction. Does anyone have any opinions about this.

I rode with a Dragon all last year primarily in very deep powder. I have an Apex mtn.

The two sleds are set up quite differently. The Apex suspension is coupled. The Polaris isn't and tends to stand up quite easily. I suspect the Polaris track angle is designed to provide upward flotation to help bring the sled up on top of the snow and plane out quicker.

On the Apex the front end comes up just over the top off the snow, the suspension couples and holds it there. The track stays flatter on the snow than on the Dragon. The Apex track can therefore be more aggressive and still propel the sled forward while quickly planing out.

On hardpack or on a trail, the Dragon mtn. spins like crazy. On my sled I'm turbo'd at 312 hp. If I crack it on hardpack I can barely hang on, the sled hooks up like crazy.

REXX
---------------------------------------
Western Canada

I road my apex for almost 1000 km in belley deep snow with this maverick track it was painful tips all bent over got home after getting waxed by everything on the mountain spun it around and what a difference lugs stand straight up now and it hooks up way better don't care it it rips I wouldn't replace with that any way as for down the hills in the powder didn't seem to make much of a difference to me

Do yourself a huge favor, chuck the maverick in the trashcan and put on the camo extreme.....The mav will run backwards for a while then start to fold over again

Agree with Briguy, flip it around and dont care if it rips. More than likley gonna replace it with a real track soon anyway. Heading to the mountains next weekend, hope I find the time to flip it before then.

"Been doing it for years. better traction but no braking." What do you mean no braking? and I have the stock rx-1 m track on my '03 rx-1 m and in my opinion that's the best track going. I've had her up on top of a stump about 3 inches across and she was pretty much opened out and not one lug even thought about ripping. That stump was drove right up in the track too, I don't know the technical name for this track.

With the track flipped backwards you will gain forward traction but will lose braking traction because the paddles are angled the opposite direction. And yes the Mavericks suck.

Back