• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX Warrior no power up top?

C62012

Country
USA
Snowmobile
05 RX Warrior
05 RS Rage
I have a 05 RX Warrior that I got a few months ago and I got up north tonight and drove it for the first time and noticed that while going 50 and above it seems to not want to rev past 8000 rpm and won’t go faster than 60?

Before we left I did the following:

Pull the carbs off and cleaned all jets
Put new spark plugs in
Changed oil
Added seafoam to tank

I made sure that the intake boots are on tight and am baffled here? It runs fine until you get on it. It doesn’t backfire and the “TORS” is by-passed. I’m going to pull the plugs in the morning and check the basics because I would hate to miss out on 2 more days of riding in northern Wisconsin! Any help would be greatly appreciated

welcome!

sounding like your primary clutch needs cleaning as they can bind up with belt dust over time as well as with surface rust. try blowing the clutches out with compressed air as that usually removes the majority of the belt dust. i do my personal sleds a few times a season.

had 05 war and on stock clutching it would still get over 90 mph in most conditions.

Back