• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX Warrior rear shock

yamaha1973

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper XTX SE
I have a 2004 RX Warrior with 3100 miles and i was tearing the rear skid apart tonite (turned into a disaster) #$%&* anyways I got to wondering how long the big rear shock lasts in these sleds? I know its not rebuildable, why is that by the way? let me know what you guys have seen

i would say most RX1 owners have changed out the OEM skid. Although the skid worked best in the warrior version. Its hard to justify any extra cash like better shocks on that skid.

brother bought his 04 with 20000km on it and his is toast now. it is not the same legnth as a viper shock. i have compared both side by side and the war one is longer.

i upgraded to olins on mine and it made a big difference in how fast it fades in the stutters and moguls.

Shock

We have 2 RX-1 Warriors in the house. Both sleds have Viper shocks in them. The shocks were rebuilt before installation into the sleds. They are a bit shorter but nothing of consequence. Both ride much better with the viper shock in them. Most times you can buy the shock (either on this site or Ebay) and have it rebuilt for under $200. At least that has been our experience.

My brother had shock-tec add a reservoir to his warrior rear shock. More adjustablity and now its rebuildable too.

Back