• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1 fuel pump

Ratpack

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 RX1
Where can I get a new fuel pump for an RX1 with an MPI stage One supercharger?

I have the one that came with the kit. There have been no problems for years. This year,there are times it is missing. Last weekend it would die after a couple hundred yards. The sled will idle forever,but when I hammer on it,It shuts off. Was hoping that the fuel pump was bad, but i did a pressure check last night. It has 10 pounds of pressure at half throttle. I can't figure out if this is fuel,or electrical.

pretty sure it should be 12-14 on idle

4.5 pounds at idle and it should add 1 pound per pound of boost as it builds. That's with a turbo and I don't know why it would be any different with the SC,
it's still carbureted.

Reactions: RED
I guess im wrong I thought that's what the guy from full power performance told me

I agree with Givemeaboost on 4.5lbs, fuel pressure reading is taken before the carbs. As the regulator knocks the pressure the pump will make.

I guess it was probably 12-14 at full throttle that would make sense

Fixed. Power lead to the pump was broke. When I was doing wheelies it would loose contact. That was hard to find. Thanks everyone.

Back