• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rx1 touring kit for wind

dracutaco

Extreme
Anyone put the touring kit on a rx1? just wondering how it works & looks. Also I would like to thank everyone that posts on this site I am on this site on a daily basis and use the information I receive all the time. I have a 05 rx1 stock and would like to do a few things to make it faster but waiting for a few more miles. I ride with mxzx 800's,fusions,& ac f7 and yes it is important to me to be first(lol) and advise would be helpful.
All I ever did to my sled's was clutching. :rocks:

I have the touring kit on my 05. I wanted some mirrors, but don't like the traditional monkey ear look that most mirrors give. I like the look compared to a regular mirror, but in the daytime, you have to tilt your neck to see them. They also improve wind protection, a bonus on the colder days.

Attachments

• rearview.jpg
    rearview.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 140
  • sideview.jpg
    sideview.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 171
I have it on my warrior. Great for blocking the wind, horrible if you want to use the mirroes with it. Get the Venture mirror kit if you need mirrors

Agree with Stinx, had the touring kit on my 03 RX-1 & 04 Warrior, and found the mirrors useless!! I put the new venture mirrors on both my 05 Rx-1 & 05 Rage - and they are the most FUNCTIONAL mirrors Yama makes (no vibration, easier to see behind at eye level!). If you wan't something that looks good get the touring kit but don't expect to have functional mirrors.
If ther is no one in your area with the mirrors on a sled then, try riding a Venture at one of the 05 demo rides.

i have those touring mirrors also they are useless as mirrors but work great on very cold days i rode another warrior on -10 degree day with out them and had cold legs got back on mine no cold legs but yamaha should not sell them as mirrors i asked dealer for mirrors thats what i got they only are good for quick flash of head light behind you i put on yamaha mirrors also now useless becouse of handle bar riser o well who cares about who is behind you they will never catch me any way !!!

NY_warrior -hope this helps, give it a try (first time sending pics)

Attachments

• RX-1cropped.jpg
    RX-1cropped.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 114
  • RX-1 & Rage 003 - new.jpg
    RX-1 & Rage 003 - new.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 159
  • RX-1 & Rage 004 - new.jpg
    RX-1 & Rage 004 - new.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 111
Wow, with those mirrors all I can think of is my grand parents sleds. LOL

MD these are the most functional mirrors from Yamaha, as I stated earlier not the most sexy! I didn't know your grandpa had a 140 HP 4-stroke! You have good genes, maybe you still can learn a thing or two from him.

Back