• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rx1 vs polaris 750 turbo

rxbrent

Veteran
Has anybody raced a new polaris fst? I have a buddy that has one and can;t wait to race. I have an 03 with a ripsaw matt's cluthing and ecp kit with 96 studs. his is a 136 inch with 144 studs he thinks he will smoke me. Just wondering what you guys think. thanks

Tell him I said good luck and want to know what he's been smoking. I had had the chance to ride last weekend on tughill with a switchback and the FST. Besides the FST almost melting his boot from the turbo side of the motor and having to almost tow it home from the check engine light always coming on, once it is worked out it will make a nice sled for you and your wife to take a tour ride, but no were near a race sled. You will kill him in a race, but don't tell him yet he spent alot of money and let him have his fun for now. You will have your fun when you ride.

I think it would be a close race. The FST is 135 hp and 580 pounds, your RX is 140 hp and 600 pounds.
I think the RX will win by a hair because of the clutch kit, but the FST will not be blown away.
I know that SnowGoer didnt have much nice to say about the FST. Check out the current issue and see what I mean.

Captain_Toyota said:
I think it would be a close race. The FST is 135 hp and 580 pounds, your RX is 140 hp and 600 pounds.
I think the RX will win by a hair because of the clutch kit, but the FST will not be blown away.
I know that SnowGoer didnt have much nice to say about the FST. Check out the current issue and see what I mean.

Horsepower is not the end all beat all in these things. Notice the threads on the Apex Forum about the Mach Z and Apex... I had a ZL800 Cat that was supposedly 140 HP and my RX-1 will walk all over that.

A friend of mine HAD an FST on order last spring....We ribbed him SOOO bad about it, he actually cancelled the order and took a new 4 wheeler instead..(The premise of our argument was that he was buying a first year sled - bugs, etc - that needs a factory turbo to have the approx same HP as the Yammi 4 stroke, without turbo)....I'll be innarested to read to Snomo-mags and such this year to hear if the thing turns out to be a bomb or not....We called the FST the 'Turbo Turd'.....I somehow doubt he's gonna beat you one on one....Keep us posted. ;)!

I heard they have excessive heat build up and need refinement. I hope they work for Polaris’s sake since it would be nice to have close competition in the 4-stroke world. I know absolutely noone that purchased one, so I guess I’ll have to read about it.

Dan

just waiting

Hey guys thanks for the feedback. Just waiting for some snow so we can see how it runs. I'll post the results when it happens

WarriorBeads said:
The premise of our argument was that he was buying a first year sled - bugs, etc - that needs a factory turbo to have the approx same HP as the Yammi 4 stroke, without turbo)....
The FST is a 750 you know, not a 1000. From what Ive read, the FST has some heat issues. So far it sounds like another flop for Polaris. I hope the production models are better.

Point taken Captain.....But the 750 still begs the question, 'why put a turbo on a 750, when you could just use more cc's to accomplish the same thing' like the Rx motor or even the RS? (I kind of liken it to putting turbo on a 25 cc chainsaw when you could just BUY a 45 cc chainsaw and do the same thing).....I know there's a weight advantage, but I think in the long run you'd avoid turbo issues (like heat) and the durability - I imagine - would be better without turbo. I just think there's a segment of the market that's not too comfortable with the prospect of putting turbo on their sled to make HP the motor couldn't otherwise generate.....But to be honest, I'd much rather put an aftermarket turbo on my Warrior than buy an FST with a factory unit....Who knows? I hope the FST's turn out to be good sleds for anyone who bought one, 'cause I wanna race 'em. :flag:

Supposedly Polaris has a 1000cc 4-stroke twin with a turbo in the works for next year. I cant confirm that, but thats the rumor on the Polaris forums.
I hope the FSTs are nice sleds too, especially for anyone who spent $9000+ on one.

Ripsaw, Matt's clutching and a ECP kit?? I'll put $100 on the RX-1. Who will hold the cash that I can trust 8)

Back