• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1?

YAMABOY

looking to buy a 2005 RX1,never rode a 4 stroke sled always two stroke,
how is the low end on the RX1 and would it be good for trail ridding or is it just a lake runner?I like the fact that you don't have to buy two stroke oil any more.Is this a good sled or am i better off with something eles. :lol:

Well, I think there are a few mo re questions you need to ask.

1.) What type of conditions do you ride in? While the RX-1 is a very good all around sled, it won't run with a Ski Doo Rev in the big bumps at high speeds. If you are a high mileage high speed rider who rides on mostly smooth to mildly bumpy trails I would say it is perfect.

2.) Is the extra weight of an RX-1 going to be an issue to you as far as muscling the sled around in tight single sled wide trails like I would have to ride if I rode locally?

3.) Do you enjoy the type of hard pulling acceleration that stretches your arms? If so buy it.

BTW, I just ordered an '05 after 10 years on Cats.

Ride in upper state NH. or ME. I weight about 230lbs so i think i can handle it. usally ride 300 to 400 miles a weekend.

sounds like what your looking for lots of low end grunt lots of mid range grunt and lots of high end grunt . 9200 klm on my 03 and that new rear sounds great .
Tom-RX1

Love the genesis extreme 4-stroke; powerful, clean, reliable, quiet. Hate the suspension, even with an Ohlin's on the rear, too stiff. Seat's too hard. Broke the W-arm on the front of the skid, shock adjustments are a royal pain. Since your buying an '05 you may not have the same problems, except that it is a first year skid design :roll: IMO, the '03-'04' RX-1 are NOT DITCH BANGERS!! :(

I am about 240 w/gear and found that I bottomed too easily with the stock rear shock/spring. The Ohlin's is too stiff now :roll: Again, you probably won't have the same problems.

Just my .02 dollars :wink:

The biggest differences motor wise, other than much better reliability, gas mileage, and oil consumption, are that you experience a flatter power band, so instead of revving up and tapering off, you will get a straight power band.

Back