• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Saddle bags for long trips.

Arctic Express

Extreme
What do you use for saddle bags on the Vector. I need a big set of saddle bags and usually have a trunk bag for cross country. My wife needs her "stuff"! We went on a 11 day trip last Winter and had to carry our stuff with us. I am expecially concern about the rear exhaust being a problem.

I use a set of saddle bags off my Viper on the Mountain Vector, They fit right over the seat and absoluty do not move.

The side of the exhaust doesn't get hot at all. They work fine for me.

Saddle Bags

I use my old bags from my xc600 polaris brand. I took them to a shoe repair shop and had them reinforced at all the straps and seams. They hold a lot and are very strong. They fit very well.

Ok. I have the Trail Combination Sport Luggage and found it is fine for 3-6 day trips. But this is a man's bag kind of packing with limited stuff. Wives will need more storage than this bag offers. Yamaha no longer offers the saddle bags so I would go aftermarket. Check with Port Yamaha, or any of the mail order places like Dennis Kirk or Shade Tree.

In terms of damage to exhaust or seat, there is none on my sleds from using the Trail Combination Sport Luggage.

Hope that helps.

I used the semi-rigid Yamaha bags last season with good results.

Maximum duration of trip with them was six days.

I burned the straps on my bags last winter.They came loose,slid around on the bumper and got fried on the hot exhaust. Lesson learned; Keep an eye on the tension of the bag straps. 05 vector er

nhblu 3/4ton said:
I burned the straps on my bags last winter.They came loose,slid around on the bumper and got fried on the hot exhaust. Lesson learned; Keep an eye on the tension of the bag straps. 05 vector er
My Yamaha factory bags kept falling off and the straps also burned from a rivet that picked up some heat from the exhaust also they really got worn thru on the bottom from the running boards.

Yamaha rep at NOVI show suggested tape / insulation on exhaust pipe (to prevent rubbing).

I'm new to the 4 stroke, so don't know how hot the exhaust pipe gets on top.

Will tape prevent scratching?

Canuck Sledhead said:
Yamaha rep at NOVI show suggested tape / insulation on exhaust pipe (to prevent rubbing).

I'm new to the 4 stroke, so don't know how hot the exhaust pipe gets on top.

Will tape prevent scratching?
it wasn't the exhaust that burned mine ...there isn't anywhere you can burn yourself from the exhaust unless you touch the end of the pipe...there are covers so you cant get burned....BUT if you look real close there are some small rivets down low in the back of the sled and under the exhaust that after some time ridiing can pick up heat from the nearby exhaust and burn thru the straps, thats what happened to mine.

nhblu 3/4ton said:
pretty hard to get them anywhere near the hot exhaust pipe I bet the rivets also burned yours.

Swiss Sledder said:
Ok. I have the Trail Combination Sport Luggage and found it is fine for 3-6 day trips.

Hi Swiss, I have the same luggage and was wondering if the straps put ware marks in the seat?

Back