• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Saw the 2007's

sandy8657

Pro
Saw the new 2007 sleds in Utica NY on Thursday, February 23.
The Phazers, as unconventional in appearance seemed like a big hit and everyone cant wait for next years demo rides. Still hear alot of Yamaha faithful wishing for a new Exciter. Maybe the Phazer chassis with a 100 HP motor somewhere in the 700 cc range. Saw the Factory Cross Country sled and the Factory SnoCross sled. (Nitro)
What is the story about Yamaha Factory Racing? Heard a lot of rumors about the team and riders...Anyone got the accurate inside scoop?

It definitely seems like the stage it set for the Exciter to return. The phazer with a little bit higher HP motor and some geeked up other features and there you have it. Perhaps then the next to return will be the SRX, which I could see being the 170HP Apex HO everyone keeps talking about. That may be more of a stretch, but the Exciter seems almost like a slam dunk IMO.

WOW, An SRX...The Next Generation....
How about an SSR.....?
Why stop at 170 HP?
You could make it 180-185 HP
We can wish, can't we?

Also visited Utica. The RTX that was on display had different handle bars than the other Apex's. It appeared to be a set from a Nitro. The one rep that was there had no knowledge of the change. In fact one of the dealers there insisted that the RTX was in fact a Nitro. Wrong. The rep also had no knowledge of any gearing changes on the Apex. Somehwere on this site I had seen that the 07 Apex was going to a 23t top gear. The rep did tell me that the 07 hand warmers had longer elements and he implied that they would be provided to 06 owners as an update, a free update I assume. Also, he sadi that the hooks were of a different material to suck less heat.

sk-rx1 said:
Also visited Utica. The RTX that was on display had different handle bars than the other Apex's. It appeared to be a set from a Nitro. The one rep that was there had no knowledge of the change. In fact one of the dealers there insisted that the RTX was in fact a Nitro. Wrong. The rep also had no knowledge of any gearing changes on the Apex. Somehwere on this site I had seen that the 07 Apex was going to a 23t top gear. The rep did tell me that the 07 hand warmers had longer elements and he implied that they would be provided to 06 owners as an update, a free update I assume. Also, he sadi that the hooks were of a different material to suck less heat.

07 Apex is actually using a 22 top gear...BBY

The top gear on the RTX is changing, other Apex's remain the same. Yamaha wants more acceleration from corner to corner.

The RTX that was on display had different handle bars than the other Apex's It appeared to be a set from a Nitro. The one rep that was there had no knowledge of the change.

The RTX bars were changed slightly, just a touch wider. Reason was to make a short straight area on the handlebars to mount the hand guards.

Are the bars only being changed on the RTX or on the other Apex's?

At the show only the RTX had the "new" bars. But the rep actually didn't relaize that they were different, so he couldn't comment on if they would be on all APEX's.

BlueByYou2000 said:
sk-rx1 said:

Where did you here about the gearing. i was looking at the specs and Yamaha doesn't list the gearing.

I need a new sled for the wife and the Phazer is not it. I need an Apex type chassis with a lighter (100HP) motor and it needs a good windshield
etc. Basically a good one up touring luxury sled.

daveh said:
I need a new sled for the wife and the Phazer is not it. I need an Apex type chassis with a lighter (100HP) motor and it needs a good windshield
etc. Basically a good one up touring luxury sled.
What about a Nitro for her? Apex chassis with 1200 cc Vector Motor. May half to invest in a higher windshield.

dirkdiggler said:
BlueByYou2000 said:
sk-rx1 said:

Where did you here about the gearing. i was looking at the specs and Yamaha doesn't list the gearing.

From Viper34...BBY

Back