• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SEA FOAM VS RING FREE

Skydog

TY 4 Stroke God
Just thought i would let you guys know on my 03 Rx1 the Sea foam was helping with the oil useage(1QT in 800miles to 1Qt 1000miles) but the Ring free i feel STOPPED IT!! 400 miles and right on the full mark!!! This was after one tank with the shock treatmeanT!!:Rockon: :Rockon:

Skydog

Thanks for the update. I just went through two tanks of Ring-Free and this weekend I had my oil changed. Now for the results. I should know more in the next couple weeks when I can ride. I will post my results as soon as I know something.

Skydog, can I put the ring free in the oil reservoir. Do I have to change the oil after I run the ring free on a 500 mile trip??? Or can I leave it in until I change oil at the end of the year? JIM. Steelers did it!

I think you just put in it the gas. I am going to change my oil at the end of the year. That is what the oil filter is for.

Skydog Happy for you a the Steelers!!!

Is it a must to change the oil?? Would just changing the filter be good enough?? I just changed to 0-W0 Amsoil and it is too expensive to change when I just changed it earlier this season.

So is Ring Free the same as Sea Foam. I e-mailed Sea Foam rep and he says that you put it in the oil run it only for 50-60 miles then change the oil. Are the instructions the same for Ring Free ??? He says if you put it in the gas it will only help carbs, injectors and clean the valves will do nothing for the rings.

AAHH i am not changing mine, at the end of the riding season. Sorry Yamaha wants you to buy more oil from them!!

Skydog

I have been running the Sea foam in my fuel and I will admit I thought it was helping until a 500 mile ride this weekend I used a quart of oil! I was thinking of running ring free and trying that. What is this shock treatment? Also what oil have you guys been running? I have been running 5-30 GTX
Thanks
Jeff

0w 40 amsoil! Try the Ring free man work for me BIG TIME!! I am very happy!!

Skydog

I tried Seafoam to no avail. Then the Ring-Free "shock treatment" and oil change. Checked it at about 250 mi. after changing the oil and it was barely below the upper mark.

I'se a happy camper....................right up to the point where the %$#@ing oil light came on this morning .....only 200 mi. later :o| :o| :o|

Back