• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Seat Jack Not For Kids

markt111

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
all Yamahas
last week I installed a Seat Jack on the RTX in prep for family weekend, that was a bust. My son is 9 and was bouncing like a rag doll on anything other than perfectly flat conditions. I thought it was the perfect option, easy on and off, retain a sporty sled etc...

Has anyone one them on a Viper? what were your results? his feet are dangling so there is no bracing or holding himself in place, imagine riding just holding the bars and your butt on the seat but no lower body control. Thinking, looking for a way to build/install some extensions to the footwell so he can support himself?

we actually had a good day but it kicked my #*$&@ doing 100+ miles with him riding in front of me, I think both of our helmets have quite a few chips in them now!!

Attachments

• seat jack installed.jpg
    seat jack installed.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,477

last week I installed a Seat Jack on the RTX in prep for family weekend, that was a bust. My son is 9 and was bouncing like a rag doll on anything other than perfectly flat conditions. I thought it was the perfect option, easy on and off, retain a sporty sled etc...

Has anyone one them on a Viper? what were your results? his feet are dangling so there is no bracing or holding himself in place, imagine riding just holding the bars and your butt on the seat but no lower body control. Thinking, looking for a way to build/install some extensions to the footwell so he can support himself?

we actually had a good day but it kicked my #*$&@ doing 100+ miles with him riding in front of me, I think both of our helmets have quite a few chips in them now!!
I had the same experience with my 9 year old and LTX Viper. In the off season will need to make a custom footrest to help support but the hand rests still are pretty wide for a 9 year old. I also have an older version of a seat jack with handles on a 2002 viper which works better for my little guys. Since I have 4 kids I’ll be looking for a 2-stroke venture possibly too.

I had one of the original SeatJacks back in the day as well. Foot rests are really needed. Not only for support, but possibly standing up when you can warn them of a bump coming.

I ordered a set of used SkiDoo foot rests to bolt on. But honestly, you could stack some 2x4 or 4x4 blocks and top them with sandpaper, or just cut grooves in the wood for traction. It's a temp fix, but would help give some foot rest.

Good luck!

I use one of the older style seat jacks when I take my wife out once or twice a year. She's fairly short and her toes just barely touch the running boards, my plan is to make a wood or plastic block that I can put a nylon strap though and just buckle it through the board s to build up the foot height. I also found that I need to add extra air to the rear shock with her on or the ride gets absolutely terrible.

You would b able to order the foot rests from arctic cat. Fit perfectly and work well
Lot less hillbilly than screwing 2x4 s to your sled. If you want I can see if I have the part number later.

You would b able to order the foot rests from arctic cat. Fit perfectly and work well
Lot less hillbilly than screwing 2x4 s to your sled. If you want I can see if I have the part number later.

that would be awesome, much appreciated!!!

1. i found part numbers for black foot rests
  2. you may want to contact dealer to see if they can get other colors etc.
not sure if avail as a pair or if they include screws and template though would make that assumtion
1707-926 right side foot rest
1707-927 left side foot rest
hope that is helpful

1. i found part numbers for black foot rests
  2. you may want to contact dealer to see if they can get other colors etc.
not sure if avail as a pair or if they include screws and template though would make that assumtion
1707-926 right side foot rest
1707-927 left side foot rest
hope that is helpful
Thank You!

Back