• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

setup??

glred

Veteran
just finished completely checking my rear suspension on my 03 shorty. Replaced a few bushings but all and all for 3K miles its in perfect shape.

I reset the skid to LB's settings and installed the flat rate springs in the front ect....

just wondering where I should set the front skid shock and how far the limiter straps should be pulled up...I would like to get this thing real close to set up, then maybe a minor tweek when the snow flies and I'm ready

;)!

Typically, for the front springs, set to zero preload. Personally, I have mine set to zero + 2 full turns. The lower the front end sits, the harder you can hit the corners.

As for the straps, they're easy to set, but you need snow to do it. For now just leave the straps the way they are. When there's snow, set your control rods to minimum transfer, then tighten down the straps until your sled drives like a trail groomer, then tighten the straps and adjust the control rods to provide the transfer you like.

LB, I seem to recall you mentioning in the past that zero preload is measured with no weight on the skis, meaning the sled is on a stand or jack. If this is case, you might want to mention this to glred. If not, well, my memory is not what it once was.

LB I have the front shocks set a zero preload......not a problem, I'm talking the front shock on the rear skid....and the limiter straps where totally taken off the sled where should they be to get close??

Oh, you mean the *center* shock... Off the top of my head, stock for the center shock is 10.54", but you'd better verify that. Basically set it for zero preload. Stock placement for the limiter straps is ~1" thread showing (ie, halfway up). You don't need to mess with the center too much, it has relatively little effect on the ride, but you may like to keep it fairly loose. If its too tight, bumps will hit hard.

Back