• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

shipping length of Phazer?

Fast Jimmie

Hi guys, I have a question on the length of the Phazer. I'm thinking of buying one but the only way of picking it up at this time would be with a minivan (grand caravan). I know I'm safe with the width as the van is 49". The hieght is 40" at the rear door and about 44" interior. I'd just drop the handlebars for that. But the length I'm not sure about...if I remove the skis and possibly the front bumper how much could I save? Is the rear bumper bolted on or riveted? I don't have a sled near by to measure. Can anyone help me out?

Well you didn't say which model you have but here is info for my Mountain Lite

I believe my sleds total length is a tad over 10 foot (10'6") IIRC
Mine barely fits in my 6x10 trailer(at an angle) I'm sure you could gain some room removing the skis. and just leave the rear doors open, and you should be good to go...

Front bumper shouldn't change much(unless you have a bench front seat in the caravan.)

oh and i fit my sled old sled in back of an explorer with the skis hanging out u may be ok but id say the skis might hang out

Its the FX model. Website says its 111" long, but I have about 92" in the van. So I'm just wondering if I take the skis and bumper off if its 19" shorter.

Its a 800 mile drive so I'd rather not have the rear door open.

phaze5 said:
put her on the roof lol ive seen it done

LOL

I'm in between pickup's right now, my lease ran up on my F150 and I can't make up my mind between another Ford or the new Tundra, and now this Phazer FX comes along.

With the skies removed you should gain about 22". Try loading it backwards and let the tunnel slide between the drivers and pass. seats. Rear hatch should close. good luck.

Back