• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Should Yamaha offer a bigger tank on SOME Nytros

Should Yamaha offer a VERSION of the Nytro with bigger gas tank

• Yes I would like a 10-12gal on some Nytros

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No I like it the way it is

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care 7 or 10gal I am buying the Nytro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
scott8888 said:
after talking to the yammi rep at the Albany show i bought the REV XP 800R he said for guys like me the nytro would be a disappoint and that i should take a hard look at Yamaha in 09

What is " guys like me"? Die hard Doo guys?

favarcat said:
scott8888 said:
after talking to the yammi rep at the Albany show i bought the REV XP 800R he said for guys like me the nytro would be a disappoint and that i should take a hard look at Yamaha in 09

no i said i am coming off a machzx 1000sdi and talk about how i ride and he said to not buy the nytro because i would not be happy and to weight for 09

l like the nytro fx chassis but in 09 he said more hp and bigger fuel tank and less weight . he said that yammi is building a new sled close to the weight and hp of a machzx so i Wait for 09

The weight is already close to the MachZ. The Mach is 620lbs wet weight right now. The RTX is 643.

I'm waiting till '09 to see if they have a bigger tank on the Nytro. A few more hp and lighter will be a plus. Although I think I would be satisfied with the 138hp it has now.

favarcat said:
The weight is already close to the MachZ. The Mach is 620lbs wet weight right now. The RTX is 643.

I'm waiting till '09 to see if they have a bigger tank on the Nytro. A few more hp and lighter will be a plus. Although I think I would be satisfied with the 138hp it has now.
your a little off on the weight of the machzx is 596 so it 47lb and i had a apex gt i like the sled but it was hard on my keens i like the fact you do not have to add oil to me that really is the only advantage the 4 stroke has because i buy new sled Every year

so if the yammi rep is right and in 09 170hp in the fx chassis with a 10gal tank that will be my new sled.

i was never satisfied with the power of the apex or the rev 800ho so i think 130-135hp will not do.i will just Wait for the 09 to come and rent a nrtyo over the winter for a weekend just to make sure i like the chassis

i not even sure i will be happy with the 800r it not a SDI and i think i will miss that

i like Yamaha and what there are doing i just have to Wait 1 more year

scott8888 said:
favarcat said:
scott8888 said:

no i said i am coming off a machzx 1000sdi and talk about how i ride and he said to not buy the nytro because i would not be happy and to weight for 09

l like the nytro fx chassis but in 09 he said more hp and bigger fuel tank and less weight . he said that yammi is building a new sled close to the weight and hp of a machzx so i Wait for 09

If you're a machz type of guy then it's probably not the sled for you. This is a nimble ditchbanger, not a lake/groomed trail cruiser.

The Nytro weighs less than a Doo 800.

scott8888 said:
favarcat said:

your a little off on the weight of the machzx is 596 so it 47lb and i had a apex gt i like the sled but it was hard on my keens i like the fact you do not have to add oil to me that really is the only advantage the 4 stroke has because i buy new sled Every year

so if the yammi rep is right and in 09 170hp in the fx chassis with a 10gal tank that will be my new sled.

i was never satisfied with the power of the apex or the rev 800ho so i think 130-135hp will not do.i will just Wait for the 09 to come and rent a nrtyo over the winter for a weekend just to make sure i like the chassis

i not even sure i will be happy with the 800r it not a SDI and i think i will miss that

i like Yamaha and what there are doing i just have to Wait 1 more year

I was quoting both sled weights with electric start. Add 24 lbs to your 596.

You can wait for tomorrow as long as you like...... I would not hold my breath on what a Yami Rep said. Could be true. but most likly not. Where is our 180+hp Apex for 08???????????? The early 08's that we all have seen have the 7.5 gal tank...who knows they may increase the size for the production models, but again I wouldn't hold my breath. If you want the lastest chassis from Yamaha all you can do is order one. If you don't, than don't. Maybe if a low number of sales for 08' Nytro will cause Yamaha to listen to their customers requests? But my guess is that they will sell a fair number of these sleds. Personally I also would feel better about my MTX if it would be delivered with a 10 gal fuel cell. We would all make a better impact on this issue if we pick up the phone or write letters directly to Yamaha and tell them what we need. Trying to debate this in a forum and not accepting another members ideas is just nuts. I bet the guys at HCS and DooTalk are getting a kick out of this!

Rep must be talking about the new Apex chassis! 09 will be Yamahas break out year! 160ish hp, 40-50 lbs lighter, little more rider forward than the Apex now, but not as far as the Nytro, nice trail seat, at least a 9 gal tank & 136" skids for every sled available! Phazer LTX - Nytro LTX - Apex LTX

Power to weight will be awesome!!!

Sign me up for 2 of those 09s with 136" skids!!

1 Nytro LTX & 1 Apex LTX

:jump:

BR

Why are some people so adamant on telling people they do not need a bigger gas tank

like I said keep the 7gal on some models

BUT put a 10 or bigger on other Nytros

People like RANGE

The Nytro chassis will be Yamahas future

BTW by having people voice their opinion on the tank and track issue on FORUMS you get to see other feel the SAME as you

You might see 10gal tanks and 136/144" versions next season

70% out of 165 would like to see a bigger tank

That must say something

and yes they should keep a 7gal tank for the others who are worried about 20lbs

You guys kill me. If you don't like it, don't buy it. The benefits of a 4-stroke far out weight the gas tank size of a 2-stroke. Go buy your 800R and get 17 mpg while always wondering if your motor is going to quit, clutch is going to fail, belt's going to blow, ect.

I'm ordering a blue Nytro MTX and can't wait. My 800 rev mod got about 60-70 miles to a tank and cost over $30 to ride every time. With the Nytro, not only will I get better mileage and not ever have to jet, it will cost under $20 to fill it up.

Nikolai,
It has NOTHING to do about cost for me I need RANGE!
We will be racing our 08 Nytros in a race you may be have heard of, the Irondog and there are some legs that are close to or over 100 miles between check points with one leg being 120 miles between check points.
Again basicly it has to do with range, not cost, not weight nor anything thing else. I highly doubt the Nytro will get close to 17 miles per gallon in race trim and under race conditions. One way or another we will need more fuel capacity on a few of these legs.

Nikolai said:
You guys kill me. If you don't like it, don't buy it. The benefits of a 4-stroke far out weight the gas tank size of a 2-stroke. Go buy your 800R and get 17 mpg while always wondering if your motor is going to quit, clutch is going to fail, belt's going to blow, ect.

I'm ordering a blue Nytro MTX and can't wait. My 800 rev mod got about 60-70 miles to a tank and cost over $30 to ride every time. With the Nytro, not only will I get better mileage and not ever have to jet, it will cost under $20 to fill it up.

Once again it is about range

we love the sled

We just would like to see a NORMAL size tank on SOME Nytro models

We are NOT stopping you from buying the Nytro nor are we telling Yamaha to get rid of it neither

You guys are reading to much into this

Back