• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Simmons Ski's on a MTX ......anyone yet?????

Bodacious

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I have to get rid of this darting and huge keel hook'in. Hoping for some positive feedback on the Original Simmons (6"). Tried out a set of Slydog Powderhouds....may have gave up on them too soon, but experienced major push in loose snow off-trail. I'd like to end up somewhere inbetween the OEM Mnt Skis and the PH's......thanks

I had the same problem and the fix is to alighn the skis to 0 (straight) then flip the rubber pads on the skis 180. HUGE difference!! Originally the skis were towed out 1/2 inch like the manual says. Try the above it doesnt cost anything and it works.

I have the Gen IIs (10 inches wide) on my Apex Mountain. This has made a world of difference. I also picked up a pair of GenIIs for my buddy for his Nytro MTX. I rode it before and after and can say that this is a totally different sled with the Simmons skis on it. They look a little strange at first, but they are well worth the money.

Bodacious said:
I have to get rid of this darting and huge keel hook'in. Hoping for some positive feedback on the Original Simmons (6"). Tried out a set of Slydog Powderhouds....may have gave up on them too soon, but experienced major push in loose snow off-trail. I'd like to end up somewhere inbetween the OEM Mnt Skis and the PH's......thanks

Jack up your front end and check how your skis are sitting.. They should be pointed up slightly.. If not rotate the rubber block under ski saddle and then they should point upwards..
I just did mine they were sitting level and I turned rubber blocks around and now they point upwards maybe two inches from level.. Just took it for a rip and the darting is virtually gone cant believe it, I rode this thing 800 km fighting it etc.. I even have the front skid straps sucked all the way up and it has way more ski pressure but its still so easy to steer etc..

CB said:
I have the Gen IIs (10 inches wide) on my Apex Mountain. This has made a world of difference. I also picked up a pair of GenIIs for my buddy for his Nytro MTX. I rode it before and after and can say that this is a totally different sled with the Simmons skis on it. They look a little strange at first, but they are well worth the money.

Have had the gen 2s on for 600 ks will never go back. You can set them narrow for deep snow and wide for the hard stuff. I rode a friends with the gen1s and am glad I went with the wider ones. They laughed here at the dealership and now they run the gen 2s on the demo turbo :-o

Attachments

• New sled Nytro 014.jpg
    New sled Nytro 014.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 115
I reset the alignment to "0" Also turned around the rubbers and added a 3/16" shim under the heel of the rubber. Also reduced the ski spring load a 1/4" Going out tomorrow to ride and test. Thanks for the input!

I habe the Gen II (10 inch) and they are AMAZING....... Night and day

The MTX is a new machine wih them.... the handling is 500 % better... a lot less tippy

jrusher said:
Bodacious said:

Jack up your front end and check how your skis are sitting.. They should be pointed up slightly.. If not rotate the rubber block under ski saddle and then they should point upwards..
I just did mine they were sitting level and I turned rubber blocks around and now they point upwards maybe two inches from level.. Just took it for a rip and the darting is virtually gone cant believe it, I rode this thing 800 km fighting it etc.. I even have the front skid straps sucked all the way up and it has way more ski pressure but its still so easy to steer etc..
Thanks.....turning the rubber about face and the extra shim helped out a bunch.....still going to try some ski experimenting!!

Bodacious said:
jrusher said:
Bodacious said:

Thanks.....turning the rubber about face and the extra shim helped out a bunch.....still going to try some ski experimenting!!

I aslo added wooley dooly bars yesterday 4 inch carbides rode all day in packed/powder/trails etc worked really well...

gen II's

-Can anybody that is running the Gen II's tell me how they perform on packed trail?

Also, looks like those ski's need a bilge pump...do they collect a ton of snow?

Thanks

they are a bear to turn on hard pack,i did the flip the rubber and shimmed 3/8 and it helped,i put pilots on and the steering effort on hard pack is 1000% less...no b.s....but gen2's are simply amazing in powder...they are a pure powder ski..

jrusher said:
Bodacious said:

This worked great. It took away the darting. Thanks :jump:

Gen II's.

Have used them in all conditions. Much better feel than stock mtn. skis.
No darting. Sure footed in all applications. Poof down nicely in deep pow...much less snow over hood. I can hammer the big moguls at 60mph, the skis absorb first then the air shocks...and I don't have to worry about the sled cutting out one way or the other.
Responsive cornering on the trails with absolutely no darting on the straights. Straight and predictable in crusty snow. Well worth the money and a big improvement over stock.

Just plain comfortable, and predictable.
REXX
Western Canada
-------------------------------------------------------
2007 Apex mtn SE, 312 hp. MCX turbo ;)! ;)! ;)!

well, mine are Gen 1's but MONUMENTAL difference from stock!!!

Here you can see them :)

IMG_0324Large.jpg

Back