• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Single ply Camso Ice Attak XT track with Woody's studs? 2017 Sidewinder R-TX LE

CCG71

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha Sidewinder R-TX LE
Anyone out there try studding a Single ply Camso Ice Attak XT 1.22" track with Woody's studs?
The factory pre-studs on the track are getting a bit worn and I'm considering studding with the Woody's Grand Master Single Ply studs. Looks like the 1.325" are recommended for this size lug.

IMO, I don't think many guys would condone using a single ply track on these sleds.

I am on my second ice attack xt 290hp td tune one last 9000km and the other one 11 000km
I put the third one on it last winter 4000km look new
I never try to add studd

Your question would be best answered by Woody’s as they test most tracks …. They produce their studs using a certain shoulder height to lock the plate and shoulder of stud together when put though the right size hole and tightened at the right torque specification…this height is designed to work with tracks that have a certain thickness and layers of reinforcement belting….

I studded 2 single ply ice rippers on my turbo 1200's without an issue. They say not to stud them but of course I had to to get any traction. I used regular old small headed Woodys Mega-Bite two ply studs, but used the large double backers on them.

I studded 2 single ply ice rippers on my turbo 1200's without an issue. They say not to stud them but of course I had to to get any traction. I used regular old small headed Woodys Mega-Bite two ply studs, but used the large double backers on them.
Thanks for the info.

Did you use the 1.325" studs?

What track size did you put them on?

How many studs did you use?

I was thinking of just do the 90 pack on it... 129" track. I don't want to get too aggressive, mostly trail riding.

Did you have to put a tunnel protection kit on your sled?

Thanks!

Yes you need tunnel protection.

I ran on a single ply 2.86 pitch ice riper with is a 1.25 lug track. And I used 1.32". on there to lessen the stress on the single ply.

More studs is better for less stress on the track per stud. Think pullouts, spread the load out to more studs!

I used 144 studs in them all in double backers as double backer hook better and provide better holding power with less chance of pullout, however IF you have a pullout it would be ugly. Myself, I've never had a double pullout. I've had plenty of single pullouts, but never a double. I even put doubles on the outside bands, but I just use the smaller single ply doubles out there on the outer bands.

Yes you need tunnel protection.

I ran on a single ply 2.86 pitch ice riper with is a 1.25 lug track. And I used 1.32". on there to lessen the stress on the single ply.

More studs is better for less stress on the track per stud. Think pullouts, spread the load out to more studs!

I used 144 studs in them all in double backers as double backer hook better and provide better holding power with less chance of pullout, however IF you have a pullout it would be ugly. Myself, I've never had a double pullout. I've had plenty of single pullouts, but never a double. I even put doubles on the outside bands, but I just use the smaller single ply doubles out there on the outer bands.
Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it! It's great to get help from a Pro!

Back