• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skis

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Yamaha VK Pro 2
The dealership installed Ski Skin #SMA-8FNSK-11-BK on my 2022 VK pro 2. I was looking on yamahas website and see that the last year those were offered on a VK Pro was 2017. Now, They look like they fit, but upon closer look there is some slight fitment issues on the mold, but it works i guess and seems flat. It also looks like there isnt a skin offering since the year 2017, which im surprised by. Was the ski changed that year and they just never made a skin for the next generation ski?

The skins also have pretty much zero rear curve, and i realized the rear flat portion tends to anchor in reverse and trench the sled when it catches in deep snow. I heated the plastic with a heat gun and curved it up, which actually helped. It also led me to think about skis in general and why we are adding skins instead of having a super wide offering to begin with. So….Does anyone have a suggestion for a solid, super wide aftermarket ski?
Some research showed a brand, Simmons, that has a 10 incher. Looks promising. Anyone use them or another company i havent come across yet?
Thanks

c&a has a wide ski too. seen guys using them on vk 540's and they where liking them.

The thing I notice is that 2017 is the last year for the manual steering, after that the sleds all have EPS. No idea if the ski skin drop is related.

Last edited:

Back