• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slidders

TrueBlue

Lifetime Member
Can anyone tell me why a 2013 Vector LTX 136 would take part no.8FT92-00BK at 26.83 each & a 2014 Vector LTX 136 would take part no. 8FT47421-10-00 at 209.99.
I understand that the 2014 Vector LTX 136 uses the dupont slidders, but why did they change slidders from 2013. Was there a problem with the slidders from 2013.

If you're going to run regular sliders, get the white ones. The pure plastic without colouring last longer.

I have the Duponts (they came on the sled) and I'm liking them a lot. While my buddy was smoking his on a long road run, I was fine.

For your sled, the Duponts are $135CAD each part #SMA-DPSSR-00-00. They also show white ones for $38.95CAD each, part #SMA-SLIDE-14-45

Stuff in the US is usually cheaper. Partzilla has the Duponts for $65USD each.

If you're going to run regular sliders, get the white ones. The pure plastic without colouring last longer.

I have the Duponts (they came on the sled) and I'm liking them a lot. While my buddy was smoking his on a long road run, I was fine.

For your sled, the Duponts are $135CAD each part #SMA-DPSSR-00-00. They also show white ones for $38.95CAD each, part #SMA-SLIDE-14-45

Stuff in the US is usually cheaper. Partzilla has the Duponts for $65USD each.
Thank you for that information. But again why did they switch from regular slides to Duponts. Is that because they last longer.

Thank you for that information. But again why did they switch from regular slides to Duponts. Is that because they last longer.
The white ones are they Duponts or the regular ones. I searched yamaha website and for the white ones they show no listing for them.

Yamaha sleds always had issues with slide wear so they came out with the Duponts. Before they came out, some resorted to putting larger wheels and the low snow wheels at the front curve.

Yeah, I saw that on the US side. Might have to go aftermarket to get the white slides. They are regular.

Yamaha sleds always had issues with slide wear so they came out with the Duponts. Before they came out, some resorted to putting larger wheels and the low snow wheels at the front curve.

Yeah, I saw that on the US side. Might have to go aftermarket to get the white slides. They are regular.
Thank's , I am famillar with the slidders wearing on yamaha sleds. I do know about larger boggie wheels & small wheels up front on the curves.
That's a big jump in price for the Duponts. I will have to think about buying the Duponts.

Well I put DuPonts on my 08 Apex LTX 40th about 15,000kms ago and they still look great today. A couple of the pads have fallen out but I’m guessing that’s due to them being 8 years old lol

I may switch over to DuPonts when I retrack my sled. Missing a lot of lugs and track clips on mine. Missing lugs was from running the track too loose and hitting the tunnel protectors. Would like a Rip2 on mine, fully clipped. I removed the tunnel protectors years ago.

Back