• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slider wear/ extra wheels

Cc440

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 viper LTX se
I am actually fairly happy with the slider wear on my LTX se. I have about 1500 miles on them and they are still ok but are showing a little wear at the curve in front of the front set of wheels. Anyone added wheels or know if u can to help this out a little? Thanks

Cc440 said:
I am actually fairly happy with the slider wear on my LTX se. I have about 1500 miles on them and they are still ok but are showing a little wear at the curve in front of the front set of wheels. Anyone added wheels or know if u can to help this out a little? Thanks

Yes, I made a thread on that. If you look in past treads on that you will see YamahaTim.

I put some wheels on and it seemed to help really good.

Cc440 said:
Ok thanks. Must have missed it. Sorry for the repeat

No worries... I looked for the post and I don't think it's under my name. But it's about wheels and the skid. I have some pictures in there. If you can't find it let me know and I'll put the pictures in here.

here is what helped me

Attachments

• IMG_20140124_174830_085.jpg
    IMG_20140124_174830_085.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20140124_174756_534.jpg
    IMG_20140124_174756_534.jpg
    651.1 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_20140124_174847_600.jpg
    IMG_20140124_174847_600.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 216
Yamadog said:
Hmmm..... a definite case of over boagied to much plastic to plastic contact :whine:

It is so much faster now with no wear! At least 25 mph faster! :drink:

YamahaTim said:
Yamadog said:
Hmmm..... a definite case of over boagied to much plastic to plastic contact :whine:

Can you get me the part numbers and where you ordered them YamahaTim.. Cant hurt to try... I want everything you got under there.

christiansenkt said:
YamahaTim said:
Yamadog said:

Can you get me the part numbers and where you ordered them YamahaTim.. Cant hurt to try... I want everything you got under there.

I sent you a PM, but not sure what your sled is. If it's a LTX the four wheel kit was 8.4 inch wheels. And the one in the skid was just the stock cat wheel for a XF. And the ones in front are 3 1/4. If any questions let me know and I'll help!

Hi Tim. Could you pm me the same info to please? LTX Deluxe.

YamahaTim said:
christiansenkt said:
YamahaTim said:
Yamadog said:

I sent you a PM, but not sure what your sled is. If it's a LTX the four wheel kit was 8.4 inch wheels. And the one in the skid was just the stock cat wheel for a XF. And the ones in front are 3 1/4. If any questions let me know and I'll help!

just checked mine on the xtx last night and along with destroyed limiter straps mine are worn in front of the boagies 1/2 way back from the rail curve

Yamadog said:
just checked mine on the xtx last night and along with destroyed limiter straps mine are worn in front of the boagies 1/2 way back from the rail curve

That's what mine was doing. Same place, right in front of the first set of wheels in the skid.

Back