• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SLOW RX-1

robertallen

I AM VERY DISAPOINTED WITH MY RX-1 MY BUDDYS KID RIDING A 1995 VMAX 600 SMOKED ME ,AND THE OIL CHANGE WHAT A JOKE, IT'S GOING, THEISE FOUR STROKES ARE SUCH PIGS WHY DID I BUY IT??AND LEAVE THE THING OUT IN THE COLD THEY WONT START THE BATT GOES DEAD EVEN ON THE NEW ONES YOUR STUCK , SO I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU GUYS RIDE THEISE????

well,i should let you try mine cause she aint a pig,113 on radar,136'' warrior,starts awesome in the cold,same battery since 2004 without ever charging it,never misses a beat.why is it always newbies that have all these negative comments :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke:

Must of got a bad one my 2003 rx1 fired right up this morning at -22deg. f and it still has the original battery as far as oil changes takes me 30 min.cost me $25.00 for parts and the average rider only has to do it once a year . as far as speed goes I have no problem beating F7 or 700xcsp and I know my vmax 600 isn't even in the same zip code as those two sleds. :moon: Iam not saying they don't have some problems but if those are your problem you should have a mechanic look at it to see why it's not running right and whats up with the charging/ starting system.

RX1

Something is definetly wrong.
What RPMS are you pulling. I have only race one sled so far with my 05 RX1. It is a SRX with a 780 BB. I pulled it out of the hole by 3, stayed the same thru the mid and then pulled away on the big end. I don't think he has it set up perfect but it runs pretty good.
Get it checked out and have some one else change the oil.
Bruce

Is there a question there or are you just complaining?? I have an 03 RX1 and I don't have the same problems. No issues starting whatsoever.I rode with an older 700 Mach the other day and had zero problems smoking him which I don't believe is to anybodies surprise other than you.

robertallen said:
I AM VERY DISAPOINTED WITH MY RX-1 MY BUDDYS KID RIDING A 1995 VMAX 600 SMOKED ME ,AND THE OIL CHANGE WHAT A JOKE, IT'S GOING, THEISE FOUR STROKES ARE SUCH PIGS WHY DID I BUY IT??AND LEAVE THE THING OUT IN THE COLD THEY WONT START THE BATT GOES DEAD EVEN ON THE NEW ONES YOUR STUCK , SO I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU GUYS RIDE THEISE????

Funny my 03 still has the original battery 7700 miles on the sled. I beat 700's EVERYTIME and it's started in temps around -37 F Find yourself a good mechanic ;)!

Well... I smoke (badly) EVERY vmax600 ANY YEAR with my (slightly modified) Exciter 570 (its no slouch!). Against my RX1, that Exciter might as well be a bicycle in the snow - which is why I let my girlfriend ride it.

So to answer everyone's question, that dude at the top of this thread WHO REALLY LIKES TO YELL is obviously in the employ of ski-dog, and doesn't actually own an RX1.

Oh yeah, I might add... ORIGINAL BATTERY, never EVER plugged a charger onto it.

OK, I'll take it off your hands, how does 1500.00 Canadian sound like for that piece of crap?

ridin

My 03 is still the BEST sled I ever bought! PERIOD!! 7 thousand miles and still Awesome! Made it into a 136 and made it better. Sounds like another newbie not known his product. There are so many adjustments to be made on this Yammie, but very few to be made on the ac. I've got a buddy who just wants to ride it. no adjustments at all. he just doesn't get it? :4STroke: :jump:

Well Robertallen i run 04 RX-1 and this sled is stock i'v never had any problem starting in the cold -36C as amatter of fact seems like runs better in the cold as far as speed you should get it checked out because myself i got a buddy with a ZR800 a/c and i can pull him but not by much but the bottom line is i pull him as far as a 800 rev thats easier than the cat.So maybe u should get looked at hope you have better luck with your buddies

$50 says he doesn't even own one!

Even with the crappy "finger" track on my 03 with only 350 miles on it, I was laying the smack down on a few 800 twins on the trails and lakes. There is nothing slow about these sleds. Instant Power! :4STroke:

Back