• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slydog skies on XTX problem ?

furg69

Expert
Installed a set of slydog trail skies on my 08 nytro. Took sometime getting this sled to ride sort of smooth with the XTX suspension i installed. For some reason i cant get the sled to stop "being cutty". In loose snow it wants to throw me off and it did just that once on my last ride. Its a workout trying to get it to stay striaght. Is this caused by the slydogs ? i did add some preload to my front springs but not a whole lot. Any way to stop it from being so choppy ? Thanks

1. Try and check your ski alignment. If it is out bring it back into spec. I have about 1/4" toe out and it works well.

2. set the front shocks to the lowest compression setting... clickers all the way out.

3. remove front shock preload until the spring is just tight enfough to keep it from rattling with the front end off the ground.

4. (Optional) Dual runner carbides

I think this will settle the front end down a bit.

Start with this and work from there.

I am fairly light so for me this setting worked wonders on the trail. I was darting like crazy until I realized my alignment was out. After fixing my ski alignment it was amazing what difference it made.

You'll probably want less pressure on your front skis now that you have a good set on there. I have the same skis and found the same. Maybe let go your limiter strap a notch?

Adjust it to toe out and install some studboy shaper bars you will corner like crazy

i put slydogs on my XTX this year and had the same issue brought it home and torn apart front end and had loose bushings (replaced with oilites) and also i bent a arm. so i would give the front end a good once over. i know riding it while it was like that was not even fun. because of the a arm being bent my toe out was out of whack also so def check that

Back