• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

snow check XTX couple questions

Gibby

Expert
Website
www.fitzgibbonstruck.com
What kind of range should i expect out of 7.4 gallons of gas?

This is for those who have seen it

Will it be push button reverse or manual lever?(it looks like in some of the
pics it has a lever)

Is there any storage? (under hood or anywhere else)

Will heat exchanger protectors have to be removed to put 1.5" track on it?
if it has them

How will the low end pull be compared to a 05 warrior?

Gibby

I Just snow check a xtx myself. I saw it at the Novi sneak peek

What kind of range should i expect out of 7.4 gallons of gas?
I have the same question
This is for those who have seen it

Will it be push button reverse or manual lever?(it looks like in some of the
pics it has a lever)
It had a pull lever on the right side.
Is there any storage? (under hood or anywhere else)
I did not see it for myself but the rep said that there is a small compartment under the front hood.

Will heat exchanger protectors have to be removed to put 1.5" track on it? I agree with all the others that said why did Yamaha put a tall lug like a 1.5" or a 1.75" track. Did not get a chance ot look underneath because they was alot of people around the xtx and rtx se.
if it has them

How will the low end pull be compared to a 05 warrior? I can'y help with this question I had a 01 sxr 136". when i get the xtx this will be my first 4 stroke.

dealer thought a 1.75 would fit, not sure, but looked to have more room than the apex's

The pull will be stronger than your warrior

Most say you are begging for 100 miles per tank depending on how you are riding.

You may not have to remove the protectors but you may want to notch the track where the protectors are. Removing them will help stop ice build up in the tunnel. $325 will get you an aftermarket 10.4 gallon tank with no modifications. Should have more pull than your warrior but your warrior is probaly a bit faster on top end.

I rode the xtx (and all the rest of the 09's and some 08's) in MN for about 45min and talked to the reps:

Storage is minimal....there is room at the rear for a bag but the exhaust will not allow it. Yamaha has an exhaust tip that reroutes the exhaust 90 deg. which will allow a bag to fit on the rear of the tunnel. Other than that it looks like tank and windshield bags or maybe some kind of saddle bag will be the options.

A 1.5" track will fit.....the 1.75" was "iffy" according to the reps. Also, if you go longer than the 1.25" you will be negating some of the effect of the tipped rails as the longer lugs will allow more of the track to see the snow on hardpack. ie. no longer " turns like a 121" and will be closer to "pushes like a mountain sled on hardpack". The tipped rails as configured work as advertised.

Range: Lucky to get 100 miles on a tank. Poor.

Wind protect: None...needs the tall windshield and deflectors for an all day ride in the cold.

Ride: Really Good. Suspension has alot of adjustablility front and rear. Rider forward position works for me at 6'3". ( Apex LTX GT is very impressive in alot of ways but my legs are too long for the sitting to standing transition) Steering was light with little to no pushing at the front end. Did not take it through any big big bumps or in any deep snow. ( Conditons were marginal by late March)

Warranty: 4 years plus and extra one (100$) is unmatched!

Bottom Line: I snochecked one at the end of the day. My first Yamaha. (All Doo's before this) There are faster and lighter sleds out there or ones that will be better on a snocross track but i am banking (literally) on the Yamaha engineering and engines in general (5 yr warranty) and the XTX's huge flexibility in particular. It is way fast enough....rides great... allows for large differences in snow and trail conditions and, above all, should be dependable. I am as interested as anyone in the articles about dry weights and new engine technology etc.........but back in the real world...... none of it means anything if it decreases reliability by even 1 percent. Broken new technology is becoming an expensive joke in this industry and i only get so many chances to ride in the season. Turn the key and go ride wherever you want to ride works for me....

Just my opinion friends......see u out on the trails.

I had a chance to ride the XTX twice now, once with the standard 1.25in lug track and once with the 1.75in lug track under it. Being a former trail rider logging tons of miles in the UP in MI , I don't think you could go wrong with the XTX! On the second ride I pounded the snot out of this thing on some pretty whooped out trails and then played around in some off trail conditions and I thought it handled everything I threw at it extremely well (pretty much had it all to my self for most of the day). The trail manners were night and day different between the MTX and the XTX. I have not ridden the RTX SE so I can't give you a comparison between the two. If I were living back in MI, for me it would be the XTX hands down (I would never have a 121" again for trail riding after riding the XTX)!! We rode hard back in MI with four of us, averaging around 275 to 350 miles a day and this is by far the best sled that I have ever ridden!! Just my 0.2 worth ;)!

Well i did it i snow checked a XTX my only problem is that the 7 gallons wont be enough gas but i hate to put the trail tank on it before i have a chance to ride it but i live in lower michigan and leave it for the winter in U.P. of michigan so putting the tank on after riding it is just a pain

Gibby

Congrats Giddy, the Yamaha rep told me they will have fuel caddy saddlebags coming out in the fall that can either hold gear or 2 gas cans with 2.7 more gallons of gas. I would wait and see if these come out for the XTX. I rode an XTand they are awesome you will have fun.

Saddle bags just look RETARDED! I can't imagine having to look like a bagger just to hold enuf fuel to go on a decent ride!

It is amazing that Yamaha, for the second year, after hearing tons & tons of people tell them 7 gal of gas is not enough, didn't change the tank size on the Nytros! At least the new trail version, XTX!?

Heads up their a$$es!!!!!!!

It was the biggest thing that stopped me & my group from buying one!!!

:o|

BR

out west we have a snow check option for 1.75 installed $500.00 they do not haveto change the drivers. look like my 62 year old dad will be getting one so it will be fun to see the difference between my mtx and his xtx

Back